“Melt in your mouth halibut”
Review of The Place Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

The Place Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$19 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A great view and short wait for a table led us to The Place.

I will start with the positives - the special was pan seared halibut in a red Thai chili sauce with mango salsa. I am a huge halibut fan. This meal was perfect. There was the right combination of sweet and savory with melt in your mouth fresh halibut. Delicious!!!

We weren't as impressed with the service. It is early in the season so maybe they haven't worked out the kinks. We almost walked out - both when we first arrived (it took a while for the hostess to greet us) and after we surveyed the menu (we had been confused by the "happy hour" menu posted on the door versus the menu with which we were presented because of the lack of non-fish/seafood choices). Glad we stayed or I would have missed the halibut!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent food and service in a warm and cozy atmosphere. The restaurant looks out over the harbor for a wonderful view.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

My mother and I had dinner here - we chose it for the view and fresh/local seafood on the menu. It was pricey - especially for the portions received - but the food and atmosphere were great. We asked for their homemade bread to start which was delicious. I got the baked oyster dinner and my mother got the fish special of Mahi Mahi. Both very fresh and good. We had reservations for 8 on a Tuesday night in March but didn't need them-it was not crowded at all.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Place has a wonderful happy hour with great food and the best martinis in town. We go here regularly during the year and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Place has a wonderful view of the ferry but that is about all I can say to recommend this restaurant. The service was okay but the food was really not very good. We wanted a light meal so the three of us each ordered a bowl of soup and an appetizer or two to share. The soup was pretty awful; it tasted like uncooked canned chicken broth and there was nothing of substance in it. Upon asking we were told the soup was made the previous day. They did take it off the check, of course this was after they had already served it to us. The prices are little steep for what you receive. Sorry to say it is not a place I would recommend.

1  Thank Laurie G