“Great location, food not so great”
Review of Friday's Crabhouse

Friday's Crabhouse
Ranked #38 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for waiting on the ferry. The food was just awful. Had fried shrimp and oysters. Not sure there were even shrimp in my dish probably a place to drink and not eat

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went to Friday Harbor for the day and unfortunately it was a wash. The weather was just dreary and wet. To get out of the weather we decided on Friday's and I'm glad we did. The girls were friendly and entertained my husband as he peppered them with lots of questions.
Ahh, the food, we just wanted something to tide us over and decide to share the smoked salmon chowder and the steamed mussels. Both were exceptional. The soup had a smokey taste but not over bearing and the base was thick and creamy and yes, it did have pieces of salmon. The mussels were perfectly steamed and served with an unusual dip of something very strongly tasting of oregano, not my taste. The mussels were so fresh and plump I could have eaten another order. I found out later the mussels were from Taylor Shellfish...no wonder. See review of them in Seattle, their seafood is the best!
We had a while to wait for the ferry and the waitress said we can stay there, no problem. She even suggested we order a coffee from next door and drink it there.
Great view, food and staff.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I went to Friday Harbor for the first time on a spur of the moment so we didn't know much about what to eat or where to go and we arrived there by ferry with a big appetite so we stopped at Friday's Crabhouse because it was one of the first things you see when you get off and I liked that it had several open floors so I knew that the view was going to be great.
We arrived there and the waitresses were very friendly and it seemed like they have a great time working there which is good. You have to order at the bar where they have a menu with several choices and they ask for your name so they can take it to your table. I was not sure if they take your order when you're sitting at a table but since we wanted to be on the top floor and we saw people ordering there we just did the same.
We ordered the fish and chips and the calamari and chips, the price is the average price you pay on any franchise restaurant which was ok.
They brought it pretty fast and the portions were great, the main difference I saw with other restaurants that offer these conventional plates is that it has minced garlic and capers on top which I loved!
So if you are garlic lovers you will love the seasoning.
The view and the atmosphere was awesome!
We had a great time here and the food was great so I totally recommend it.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love this restaurant! I go here every year, it has become a tradition. Super laid back atmosphere, great view of the ferries coming and going, and great food. We always travel with dogs and this place lets you bring your dogs in with you. Nothing beats sitting on the deck drinking a cold beer in the summer time!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Really enjoyed everything from the beer choices, food, friendly staff to the great view of the harbor. Many choices of places to sit and enjoy your meal. The dungeon crab cakes were delicious and even the fish sandwich (they use Alaskan cod) was good. We would recommend this restaurant anytime.