“Ice cream!”

Sweet Retreat & Espresso
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Friday Harbor
Description: Family owned and operated since 1998. Proudly making your hot and cold coffee drinks, yummy breakfast and lunch sandwiches and burritos, scrumptious ice cream cones, sundaes, shakes, old fashion malts, smoothies, frappuccions and Hawaiian Shave Ice ...all made to order. Stop by and give us a try. You'll be happy you did!
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Looking for ice cream on a cold rainy Saturday and found this great place. The owner was friendly and the ice cream made the teens happy!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is one of my favorite places to go for coffee, need I say any more? And my favorite muffin, the poppy seed, they will ask you if you want it warmed up......But of course, only on chilly days. It's fun because it meets my son's taste for shaved ice and my husband's need for a breakfast sandwich or hotdog. Seriously it's worth the wait and these guys are great. Take it from one who lives here-I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed on the island for 2 nights and we visited this sweet little coffee shop numerous times during our stay.

The owner, David, is absolutely hilarious. He had both myself and hubby chuckling away while he made us our delicious drinks and breakfasts!

The lattes and blended frappes are to die for! The breakfast sandwiches and burritos are amazing! We are a little sad that we didn't get to stop in for his Thursday only special of a tri-tip breakfast sandwich because we caught the early ferry. The prices are completely reasonable, maybe even a little more on the cheap side in comparison to the other shops around town.

Don't bother shopping around San Juan for a good cuppa joe, this place can't be beat!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Set out on foot in the rain this morning in search of coffee ...glad I found this little gem. Owner hummed while making my coffee and clearly knew the locals milling about! Great coffee nice service

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Dave, the owner, has a certain pizzaz that kept us coming back. The breakfast is unbelievably good and as Seattlites, the coffee was delicious as well. Great place to meet the locals and other vacationers!