Hillside House Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
  • Free Internet
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bcookiesquichepicasso roomearly risersenjoyed our staywatching tvgreat hostsgreat place to stayferry landingsan juan islandsluggagebedroomlavendermileseattleporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Quiet location but couldn't walk to harbor. Also weren't flexible enough to provide even a continental breakfast & for the room rate not worth it!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Getsue
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Inkeepers Greg and Naoni were great, the breakfast was delicious. We stayed two nights in the Eagle Next in July 2011 and will definitely stay there again just to have Greg's cornmeal muffins and spicy egg breakfast dish. Major yum.

Very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: The Eagle Nest
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We enjoyed staying at this B&B during our days in Friday Harbor. The breakfast was really nice, the downside is that it's a 20 minute walk to downtown Friday Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Owner Greg is a rude, ill mannered person who also misrepresents the accommodations. My wife and I booked two nights in advance. What a mistake that was! First night the whole house had no heat [later found a small heater in the room on our own]. In a not very friendly manner, Greg stated he turns lights out at 10PM, but he would leave the front door open? Due to a previous booking we had to change rooms the second night. When we went to the room there was no bathroom! I called Greg and stated I specifically asked if the rooms had private bathrooms and was told yes. He responded in his usual abrupt way by saying there is a "private" bathroom for that room across the hall! He further stated "well if they ask me if the private bathroom is across the hall, I will tell them. Who would ever think to ask such a question when told all rooms have a private bathroom? He turned and walked away without so much of a sorry for any misunderstanding or inconvenience to us. Because there were two rooms down the hall and the other entered the living room, my wife felt she had to get dressed to go to the bathroom. The bathroom did not have a key lock, so technically anybody staying there could have used the bathroom.

The rooms were dated and rather small. The eating area for eight rooms had only four small tables and you had to eat between 8:30 and 9:30 AM, with no exceptions. The food was adequate with box cereal if you did not like what Greg prepared for breakfast.

My wife and I have stayed at many B&Bs' in the US and overseas, but never in such an unfriendly environment as this. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jasen T
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I was shocked at how unfriendly Greg was. I have stayed at other B&B's with much better hospitality. When we first arrived, Greg didn't even say "Hello" . He just asked for our credit card. He made us feel very uncomfortable during our 3 night stay. We actually tried to avoid him. Otherwise, we were happy with our room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple