“Absolutely loved this B&B!”
Review of Tucker House Inn

Tucker House Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Friday Harbor
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Absolutely loved this B&B!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This charming B&B has it all! Lovely garden setting with in walking distance from the ferry,, delicious breakfasts,pretty rooms, homemade cookies in your room, a free washing machine and dryer for guests and wonderful service: they were willing to make advance reservations for us for sea kayaking tours and restaurants before we arrived. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Halifax, NS
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What a great spot, very clean, homey and good breakfasts. You can walk from the Inn to anywhere in the town. The staff is so friendly and completely down to earth, they will help you make any reservations for whale watching, kayaking whatever you want to do. They do a great job of telling you all about the island and where to go to see all the interesting spots. The island is just a very special spot, with such a natural beauty that you just want to sit on the shore and take it all in.
We will be back, just a lovely island with lovely people.

Green Features: Tucker inn is totally environmental and tells you how you can help out, not only the Inn but the island
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Imagine that you arrive at Friday Harbor by ferry at late dusk, and you have to work you way on the back streets to find a B&B that you've never visited. The email confirming my reservation said the property was the "green house" on the corner. But which corner? And have you ever tried to find the color green at night when there are no lights or visible signs? I mean, where is the front door? No idea. No one to meet me or greet me. Finding the front door took too long. I was told on the phone that the keys would be in an envelope because check-in time was somewhere around 4PM. When does a B&B ever have single, 30-minute window to check in? Go figure. So there was no one to meet me and greet me when I arrived. Where would I find the keys? Which office or room or location in the house? No idea. No one to meet me or greet me. Now, it's really dark, and I have find the room from written instructions..."Walk out this door...pass this area...proceed along this path..." and so forth. It was absurdly frustrating! No one to greet me and show me to my room. After 20 minutes of scurrying around ever conceivable location, I reached the room. No one there to show me my room. The room was not worth the cost...it was disappointing in several respects: I was promised a fan, and there was no fan. There were no glasses or even water to drink upon arrival. There was not even a small refrigerator! And the bathroom was the smallest I've ever experienced in the USA. Bottom Line: If you want the most impersonal touch imaginable, then be sure to visit the Tucker House because they will not even greet you when you arrive at night, and certainly won't leave the lights on for you if you arrive at night. Highly overrated and poor value. Tucker House has lost the touch as a B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sincerely18
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I would definitely return to Tucker House. The service was wonderful, the food delicious and unusual and our cottage was delightful with all kinds of amenities. A great place to stay and very conveniently located to downtown but away from the noise and bustle.

Room Tip: The cottages are great. Very private and good amenities.
Green Features: Environmentally friendly in a number of areas. Organic local food. Recycling program, etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bethany, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent accommodations, excellent food, excellent service, walking distance to town of Friday Harbor and ferries, and all at a fair price any time of the year - not a bad room in the place. What more could you ask for? Love, love, love Tucker House Inn!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This place was fantastic. We stayed in the Lopez Suite and it was perfect. Spacious and very well maintained. They had amazing local soaps, sprays, shampoos etc perfect touch! Breakfast was great and delivered to our room. Location couldn't be better just out of the hustle of downtown Friday Harbor but a short walk to the excitement. Our visit was short but I hope I can come back!

Room Tip: The suites offer breakfast delivery!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We don't usually stay in B&B's but this one was recommended to us so we took a chance. It turned out to be a really great choice. The room itself was quite comfortable with a balcony over looking part of the property. The bed as a little soft for me but my wife loved it and slept like a baby. Our dogs were welcomed and they were quite comfortable as well. There is a little dog play area right in the middle of the property so it was very convenient. On top of that there are two parks right next door. The hotel is walking distance to the downtown area and close to the ferry. The ferry announcer can be a little loud if you are trying to sleep in on a weekday but we really have no complaints. We will likely be staying here again when we come back.

1 Thank rsqdvr