“Finest b&b we've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tucker House Inn

Tucker House Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Friday Harbor
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Finest b&b we've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The Tucker house is everything you could want in a B&B. It's in a great location in the town, is very well kept, has nice rooms, and the breakfast is second to none! Unlike so many other b&bs, you have full access to a kitchen in the main house. The morning breakfast is truly gourmet. We would definitely stay here again! The highlight of the trip.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I made a first trip to Friday Harbor last year, we chose Tucker Inn House based on the positive reviews from Tripadvisor.
The room we stayed was Evening Star, it's not big but very cozy. Upon on our arrival, we received complimentary cookies and chocolate, Yum! The room has a fireplace to keep our room warm and cozy in the nights. There is a small balcony with a table and two chairs but we didn't use it at all due to the weather was very cold and rainy.
The price we paid also includes breakfast. The breakfast tasted just like your mom would prepared at home, nothing fancy but it's delicious. I forgot to mention that you have to sit with others which I'm not too crazy about it. It was too early for social.
Overall, I really like this place and I would go back there again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Harrison_Innkeeper, Owner at Tucker House Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your impressions of your stay at the Tucker House Inn. We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable visit to our cozy historic Inn. Next visit, you might consider staying in one of our cottages and suites. We offer breakfast delivery to your door so if you are not too social in the morning that is a great option. We have 3 cottages and 6 suites to chose from each with its own distinct personality - some even have private hot tubs with water views.

We look forward to your return visit. Thanks again for writing and we hope to see you soon.

Fondly,
Anna Maria
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I've been a repeat guest to Tucker House (TH) and Harrison House (HH) over eight times with both my parents and sister, and now with my husband. Each experience at TH and HH has exceeded my expectations. My husband and I recently stayed as a brief "baby-moon" before our son arrives this December, and I honestly had the best night's sleep I've had in all my third trimester at TH.

The tranquil atmosphere of the inn is composed of many experiences for your senses. Soaps and lotions are well stocked within each room and contain natural fragrances such as Peppermint eucalyptus, Cranberry Fig, Ivy, and lavender to name a few. The beds have always been comfortable. Breakfast at the Inn has never disappointed: Anna Maria is a gifted chef who trains her staff well using only the freshest local ingredients. Breakfast will typically include a delicious homemade granola with Greek yogurt followed by a fruit compote of some sort, then either a savory or sweet dish ultimately followed by an individual portion of dessert.
TH and HH staff is more than willing to give you a tour of the property if it's your first visit there or answer any questions you can come up with (not just specifically regarding the Inn itself either! My dad always drills Anna Maria on the latest SJ Island cuisine in the area or if there have been recent sightings of the Orcas).

TH Inn is located within walking distance from the ferry and is the perfect hub for cyclists who want to ride on for a weekend of cycling. There is nothing better than returning to the Inn after a hilly 35 mile jaunt around Friday Harbor and soaking in the hot tub or in-room jacuzzi!

Beware if you stay off-season, some restaurants are not open weekends (Market Chef). *tear*

Tucker House has been a family favorite for quite some time and will continue to be!

Room Tip: Look at the photos online- if you have questions, call the Inn-- they'd be happy to help you fin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tenille J
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This charming B&B has it all! Lovely garden setting with in walking distance from the ferry,, delicious breakfasts,pretty rooms, homemade cookies in your room, a free washing machine and dryer for guests and wonderful service: they were willing to make advance reservations for us for sea kayaking tours and restaurants before we arrived. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Halifax, NS
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What a great spot, very clean, homey and good breakfasts. You can walk from the Inn to anywhere in the town. The staff is so friendly and completely down to earth, they will help you make any reservations for whale watching, kayaking whatever you want to do. They do a great job of telling you all about the island and where to go to see all the interesting spots. The island is just a very special spot, with such a natural beauty that you just want to sit on the shore and take it all in.
We will be back, just a lovely island with lovely people.

Green Features: Tucker inn is totally environmental and tells you how you can help out, not only the Inn but the island
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Imagine that you arrive at Friday Harbor by ferry at late dusk, and you have to work you way on the back streets to find a B&B that you've never visited. The email confirming my reservation said the property was the "green house" on the corner. But which corner? And have you ever tried to find the color green at night when there are no lights or visible signs? I mean, where is the front door? No idea. No one to meet me or greet me. Finding the front door took too long. I was told on the phone that the keys would be in an envelope because check-in time was somewhere around 4PM. When does a B&B ever have single, 30-minute window to check in? Go figure. So there was no one to meet me and greet me when I arrived. Where would I find the keys? Which office or room or location in the house? No idea. No one to meet me or greet me. Now, it's really dark, and I have find the room from written instructions..."Walk out this door...pass this area...proceed along this path..." and so forth. It was absurdly frustrating! No one to greet me and show me to my room. After 20 minutes of scurrying around ever conceivable location, I reached the room. No one there to show me my room. The room was not worth the cost...it was disappointing in several respects: I was promised a fan, and there was no fan. There were no glasses or even water to drink upon arrival. There was not even a small refrigerator! And the bathroom was the smallest I've ever experienced in the USA. Bottom Line: If you want the most impersonal touch imaginable, then be sure to visit the Tucker House because they will not even greet you when you arrive at night, and certainly won't leave the lights on for you if you arrive at night. Highly overrated and poor value. Tucker House has lost the touch as a B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sincerely18
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I would definitely return to Tucker House. The service was wonderful, the food delicious and unusual and our cottage was delightful with all kinds of amenities. A great place to stay and very conveniently located to downtown but away from the noise and bustle.

Room Tip: The cottages are great. Very private and good amenities.
Green Features: Environmentally friendly in a number of areas. Organic local food. Recycling program, etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
#7 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to Tucker House Inn? Share your experiences!