For those that are familiar with our posts we are to the point and try to very objective and helpful.
This resort was formerly the Encantado and became a Four Seasons property. Since it was not built as a Four Seasons there were several items that need to be noted for those visiting:
The reasons for the lower rating
1. Noise. Yes noise at the Four Seasons. Do NOT reserve a bottom floor casita. The casitas are either single story or two story, so request either a single story or the 2nd floor as their is little to no sound barrier between the floors. Thus if you are on the bottom you will be subject to each footstep taken by those staying above you. For us during our stay we actually had two different couples staying above us. The hotel representative said that they just did a sound abatement study and have put into place new sound proofing, but they will look into more as ours was not the first complaint.
2. Mattress. They have not replaced all of their mattresses. So my wife and slept in the "valleys" which were the right and left side of the king bed. There was a firm spot in the middle of the bed that was about a foot wide, but you would roll off of it as it was that pronounced of a difference in support. So upon arriving to your room and BEFORE you unpack we would suggest laying down on the mattress as a simple test drive so you don't run into this problem yourself. Unfortunately we did not heed our own advice and had settled in and had a beautiful fire going and did not want to switch rooms the next day even after the Four Seasons offered it to us.
3. Comforter. We were at the resort of the holiday season where the weather was in the highs of the 30s, so great sleeping weather. Unfortunately the comforter is so heavy and warm that even though the last night we cracked the door to our room you would be sweating under the comfort. Just a note that my wife and I are very fit people. And when we exposed an arm or a leg we ran the risk of frostbite because we had the door open to make it somewhat bearable. The only other option was the sheet. Advice to the Four Seasons, have the sheet and two mid-weight comforters for every type of sleeping need.
4. Views. The resort had amazing views, so why the negative? A majority of the casitas and the outdoor patios either looked at other casitas or the parking lot. When booking your room ask for a casita whose patio faces the desert if a bottom floor, otherwise this is another reason for a top floor.
Now for the positives:
1. We would stay there again, but would take our own advice from our comments above.
2. The service was impeccable.
3. The staff. Every Four Seasons staff was friendly, helpful and very courteous.
4. The bar and restaurant were great. From the drinks, we are not big drinkers and the views from the patio, to the incredible food at their restaurant. And this is saying a lot as Santa Fe hosts many top restaurants.
5. The quaint remoteness of the resort. It was only a 10 minute drive into town, but far enough away that you were away from it all. A very relaxed and romantic setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe
- Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe New Mexico