“Laid-back, peaceful resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Dallas, Texas
“Laid-back, peaceful resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights as part of a road trip across New Mexico. The resort is about a 15 minute drive from downtown Santa Fe, but we couldn't have been happier with the beautiful location. It was quiet with lovely scenic views, and we really liked the private hiking trail--Camino Encantado. On our first night at the resort, we had dinner plans downtown and were very grateful for the complimentary SUV service to the restaurant and back. Our driver was super flexible with our pick-up time which was awesome! Thank you! Even though we had a car, we were able to have a couple of cocktails knowing that we wouldn't have to navigate through an unknown town at night. Another one of our nights there, we had planned on drinks at the bar followed by dinner at Terra, but the vibe at the bar (with great sunset views and a fire pit on the patio) was so relaxing that we ended up staying for dinner, which was delicious. Highly recommend the blue corn trout fish and chips! Also loved our room. The fireplaces (one indoor, one outdoor) definitely got a lot of use and the soaking tub was amazing. All of the staff members we encountered were very warm and welcoming. Likewise, the other guests all seemed chilled-out and happy! Overall, such a relaxing place, can't wait to return in the summer to use what looked like a great pool area!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cpmlmm
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for choosing and sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Our resort’s “lovely scenic views” is part of the charm and idyllic lifestyle of Santa Fe. It was pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to share your compliments to the rest of our team. Once again, thank you for your review and compliments. We cannot wait for your return this summer!

Cindy Racco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I chose the Four Seasons Santa Fe for our 20th anniversary vacation. We loved the location and extremely large, cozy room complete with its own fireplace. The front desk staff was fantastic and offered great suggestions for daily adventures in New Mexico. The food on property was delicious and we enjoyed having cocktails outside by the firepit. The hotel also provides free transportation to and from restaurants in town which made getting around so convenient. The pool area was small but beautiful and relaxing with great service. We had great massages at the spa which also was very tranquil and special. Overall, we would recommend a stay here in Santa Fe without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank acks4
Greetings from the Land of Enchantment!

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado to celebrate your 20th Anniversary and congratulations! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your celebration vacation with us. Our goal is to provide our guests with the excellent level of service that our brand is known for. Once again, thank you for your time and compliments. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and please keep us in mind the next time your travel takes you back to Santa Fe!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I attended a two-day meeting at the resort and wish I could have stayed longer. The casitas are quite lovely with heated floors in the bathroom, a 100-gallon tub, walk-in shower, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, as well as a private patio. The resort offers a fireplace butler; you can schedule a time for the fireplace to be lit and it's ready for you when you get back to your casita.

Award-winning Chef Andrew Cooper is amazing. He created an 8-course meal for our group ranging from pinion-smoked quail to pan-seared scallops with duck foie gras ravioli. The food is extraordinary! Chef Cooper's presentation was beautiful and his stories made for a great experience. Order the parsnip soup!

The resort has 65 casitas on 57 acres, a full-service spa, one restaurant (Terra) and adventure excursions. It's a short 15-minute drive from downtown Santa Fe. If given the opportunity, I would highly recommend staying at the resort for a couple of nights.

7 Thank TheZimms
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Our resort not only offerings total tranquility, peace and breathtaking views of Northern New Mexico, but it’s also a great place for conference services and much more! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your “two-day meeting” at our resort! It also sounds like you were able to savor our Executive Chef Cooper’s new winter dishes as well. Your kind words will be shared with Andrew and the rest of the team, as there’s no greater motivator then a job well done. We hope to see you back with us on a more leisure visit sooner rather than later!

Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and were really looking forward to staying at the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado as a part of our anniversary trip to Santa Fe. My biggest takeaways from our stay: phenomenal location but the room quality was more of a Hilton/Hyatt type standard, especially for the price. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind staying at a Hilton or Hyatt - but when paying Four Seasons rates, I expected a lot more.

LOCATION: 5 star. This is a wonderful place to stay if you really want to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Santa Fe and just enjoy beautiful hikes and clear starry nights. It's only 20 minutes away so shopping and restaurants are still within easy reach.

NOISE: The reviews about room noise are dead on - if you are in a lower-level room, your upstairs neighbors will sound like a herd of trampling elephants, whether they mean to or not. If you are staying in an upstairs room, you basically have to tip toe in order to not offend the people below you. The lack of soundproofing is pretty ridiculous for such a high-end resort. To add insult to injury, the resort charges substantially more for an upstairs room. So you get punished if you don't want to pay to "upgrade" to the exact same room (literally) with the exact same view (literally) but upstairs instead of downstairs.

QUALITY: There are only 65 "casitas" but really, the regular casitas are just like large hotel rooms so don't think you're getting some super large, super private accommodation. The wood burning fire place and heated floors are the high points of the room. The bedding and towels are just nice/average, and the toilet paper is super cheap (a pet peeve of mine). The first part of our stay was at the incredibly luxurious Antigua Inn in downtown Santa Fe and unfortunately, it set us up for disappointment at the Four Seasons, which could really learn some lessons about what high-end, luxurious bedding, towels and bath accessories really look and feel like.

FOOD: the dilemma with staying out in the countryside is you don't want to leave the peace and serenity of where you are at. So while we were disappointed with the room quality/noise, we did enjoy the surroundings overall and not wanting to leave, walked over to the restaurant twice during our stay. Both times, the food quality was excellent as was the service.

OVERALL: Maybe this was a case of mismanaged expectations. With this resort being a Four Seasons, I expected a lot of luxury in the accommodations. I don't mean fancy or ornate furnishings, just really high quality - bedding, linens, and QUIET privacy of the accommodations, etc. I didn't get that. What I did get was a nice room with average quality bedding/linens in a beautiful area with good customer service. For the price point, I would have considered staying here again just for the location but given the outrageous noise factor (unless you pay for an upstairs or standalone casita), we most likely will not.

Room Tip: If you are staying here, pay more for the upstairs rooms or you will end up listening to people tram...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leah H
Dear Leah H:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated as we use them as a learning tool in order to continuously better on services and over all product that we provide to all of our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our culinary offerings and service at the restaurant; on the other hand, I would like to personally apologize for the challenges that you encountered and speak to you in regards to your recent at your resort. Please find my direct contact information below and I look forward to speaking you soon! Once again, your time and feedback are greatly appreciated.

505-946-5801
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Concierge has many amenities, such as starting your fireplace, room tour. Location is nestled just outside of Santa Fe in a mountain area.I LOVE Chef Andrew Cooper he designed a special food tasting for 12 people. Fantastic and High Class!

Room Tip: Bathroom floors are heated :0)
5 Thank Alma F
Thank you so much for your kind words! We have to agree with you that Chef Andrew Cooper and our team are “fantastic and high class!” We truly appreciate your time and feedback regarding your visit recent to our resort. We hope to have you at the resort soon. Our Chef is continuously enhancing his culinary offerings each season, you will have to come back to enjoy it!

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Intimate resort with great amenities and high-touch service you would expect from a Four Seasons. Rooms well-appointed with wood-burning fireplaces (staffed by a fireplace concierge) and extraordinary bathrooms (heated floors, 100-gallon tub).

5 Thank Allison K
Greetings from snowy Santa Fe! We appreciate you taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor regarding your recent study. We are always glad to hear such positive feedback from our guests. Our Roman bathtub and heated floors are such a delighted during the winter months. Once again, thank you so much for your time and feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort the next time your travels take you back to the City Different!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have to say Santa Fe would not be a destination I would pic, but so happy and appreciative my company decided to have their 2014 conference there. The service, staff, spa and my casita were more than I expected. Mother Nature was spectacular and the surroundings just beautiful. So happy four seasons kept the traditional motifs and didn't try to upscale in a way that was not fitting to Santa Fe. I totally enjoyed preparing my fireplace every morning and evening. All I had to do was step on my front porch to find my fire logs stacked neatly for my disposal. In addition, I had a beautiful private outdoor patio with another fireplace with logs waiting for me to use.
I can't speak highly enough about this property, staff and Santa Fe. I look forward to visiting again since it is a wonderful place to decompress and enjoy Mother Nature in a style that was perfect for me... I'm not a camping type of women!!!!

Room Tip: I had a first floor casita and love it!
5 Thank Rita B
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Greetings from the City Different! Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I am so glad to see that your conference meeting visit with us went well and that you enjoyed all that the resort had to offer! I will most certainly share your kind words with the rest of the team since you’ve paid us the highest compliments with “the service, staff, spa and my casita were more than I expected,” and I am so glad to see that your visit with us was an exceptional one. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort on a more leisure trip the next time your travel takes you back to Santa Fe!