“If you come for the expansive views, you may be sorry”

Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Chicago, Il.
“If you come for the expansive views, you may be sorry”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The Four Season is a beautiful resort set in the hills outside Santa Fe. Based on the pictures I expected an extensive desert view. What I got was the view of a tree and the parking lot. A similar experience would hold true for almost any room on the ground level and even some upper rooms. The expansive views on the website apply to a select number of rooms. If you pay for the most expensive rooms I'm sure you'll get a good view. We had a deluxe casita, Room 38, in case you are interested.

The interior of the rooms are very nice. They are large and comfortable. I also found them to be quite.

I was celebrating my 60th birthday at the hotel. My birthday was the day we checked in. So when we mentioned it at the front desk the person they offered us an upgrade, for a price. We had not been to our room yet and we asked what room we'd get for the upgrade price. She told us and we said we'd check them out. After seeing our original room we decided we wanted to upgrade. We were told we'd have to wait before we knew for sure we'd get the new room. People were supposedly moving from one room to another but hadn't done it yet. After wasting over an hour and a half we were told the room wasn't available. The Four Seasons reservation service had given away the room. This wait made us miss my 60th birthday dinner reservations. Luckily it was a week night so we were able to move the reservation. All around it was a bad experience getting a room at this hotel and it messed up what had been up to that point a nice 60th birthday.

The highest rating I'd give the hotel is four circles for a deluxe casita. I gave it two circles for messing up my birthday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank jkferg
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Greeting from Santa Fe,

I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.
The problems you highlighted are not in keeping with the standards that we continually strive to maintain, and I sincerely apologize that your 60th Birthday was not highlighted as it should have been, you missing your birthday dinner is unacceptable. I wanted to let you know that the appropriate discussions have been had and your valuable feedback will be used as a learning tool for our staff in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the number listed below. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.

(505) 946-5801

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Maryland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent 10 days at the beautiful resort and cannot find one criticism. The friendly staff, the immaculate grounds, the proximity to Santa Fe and surrounding places of interest, the Mercedes convertible they gave us to ride to Taos, the fabulous Terra restaurant, the fun pool and pool bar, the onsite adventure group that guided us on a wonderful hike to a amazing waterfall, the relaxing spa, the deadly boutique.....all made a memory we will never forget. Thank you

Room Tip: The three rooms located at the highest point of the resort are perfection.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CG B
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear CG B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the Mercedes, our beautiful Spa and Terra Restaurant, as well as having a fun adventure with our Adventure Partners! Our resort is the perfect place to treat yourselves to a relaxing and luxurious getaway. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I will share your comments with the rest our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Organized an executive retreat for 20 - productive yet relaxing in a fabulous, memorable location. Board room was comfortable and met our needs. Restaurant food was very good and lots of great options nearby in Santa Fe. Every room afforded great privacy and fireplaces in the room and on the private deck were a perfect touch. Highly recommended for business meetings.

Room Tip: Every casita offered privacy and quiet. Casitas up the hill had better views, but stunning location...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthew M
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Matthew M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent retreat at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, Santa Fe!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from the Board room, casitas, to Terra Restaurant, and especially our relaxing atmosphere! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your group back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe, it was a joy to have your group with us!

Northern Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed only one night on a week-long jaunt from hotel to hotel, so we likely did not see everything that others have. Front desk and door personnel were very nice, well trained and helpful. Bar service was excellent, too.

The room was one of four in a casita, though for all I know, we might have been the only occupants. In any event, it was quiet. the only exception was the ceiling fan, which had two speeds - off, and thunderous jet blast. Yes, the view is largely scrub trees and brush, with mountains a few miles off, but that is what Santa Fe is, so I have no issues there. The sunset from the balcony was one of the most spectacular I have ever seen. Air conditioning could have been more robust (it was in the 90s in Santa Fe that week)

There is a hiking trail on the property, which you can take for a quick morning mile, or can detour for a longer hike. Gym is first rate, too.

Room Tip: Get an upper level room with a balcony that lets you catch the amazing sunsets. We were in #44, whi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luv2travl003
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Greetings from Santa Fe,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. I am so pleased that your visit to the property was enjoyable. I completely agree with your kind comment, “The sunset from the balcony was one of the most spectacular I have ever seen.” Our views are extraordinary. We are all very proud of our property and staff who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed the gym, we believe that our gym is top notch and the spa staff are great, they take great pride in their facilities and helping each guest with their needs, be that spa treatments and relaxation to yoga, Pilates and of course the gym. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and hope to have an opportunity to have you as one of our guests on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Warmest regards,

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The resort is about five miles from downtown Santa Fe in secluded location surrounded by the hills/mountains. It is a beautiful setting, and the grounds are beautiful as well. The hotel offers a free shuttle for trips downtown, which makes it easier to visit and avoid parking issues. Our casita was spacious, well appointed, with plenty of luxury perks like a heated bathroom floor and a huge closet and bath area. The bed and bedding felt like a cloud. All casitas have an outside patio to enjoy coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. The Pool area was great with wonderful views. The Restaurant offered wonderful food. If you want downtown action, this is not your place, but if you want someplace removed, quiet and serene, the Four Seasons is a wonderful choice. The casitas are spread out which adds to the ambience, but it can be a walk to the main services (pool, spa, dining room). I didn't mind that, but if you want to be close to services I would request a room close to the lobby of the resort. The service is very attentive and accommodating. Finally, it is quite pricey, but it is a Four Seasons.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Kirk B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are so pleased that your visit to the property was enjoyable. Since our resort is located just right outside of the downtown area it is able to offer our guests the peace and tranquility of northern New Mexico. It pleases me immensely that you were able to enjoy our room accommodations, including our spacious tubs and heated bathroom floors as well as our terrific culinary offerings. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I will share your comments with the rest our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back personally on your next visit.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

no heated pool and no spa. Rooms are small, and internet connection horrible, Housekeeping and staff the worst, I ever seen in a four season. The restaurant and the location is the only good thing. No activities at all for children's.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank rodrigo f
Dear Rodrigo F:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado on Trip Advisor. We take all of the comments we receive from our guests seriously and use them as a learning tool in order for us to find new ways to improve the overall product and service delivery we provide to our guests. With that being said, I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered during your stay. In regards to your comments about “no heated pool and no spa,” our pool’s temperature is 80.7 degrees year round and we do have a 10,000 square foot spa with 16 treatment rooms and a warming room available for our resort guests. I apologize that this was not communicated to you during your visit. However, at your earliest convenience, may I ask if you can provide me with your telephone in order for us to speak directly regarding your stay? My direct line is 505-946-5801 if you wish to call me at your convenience. We understand that there are many choices for you to decide from when traveling to Santa Fe and we appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand and our resort and we want to make sure that this continues. Once again, thank you very much for reviewing us and providing us valuable feedback. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Stockton, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is beautiful, the location outside of town is a plus. We have stayed at many Four Seasons, this being the first that seemed lacking. Our room (#2) was nice but looked over some trees and brush, no real view. We were able to hear our neighbors very easily. The bed was very comfortable, the closet and bathroom amazing. However, the room wasn't quite "Four Seasons quality" although the price certainly was. We absolutely loved the food, the restaurant, the bar and room service served spectacular dishes, all made with fresh ingredients by gracious staff. They also were very accommodating and provided a dish via room service that was not on that menu, only served in the restaurant. The spa was disappointing. The services we had wanted were not available even though we called a week before arriving. We settled for others which were fine. The shock came in the women's shower area, there were piles of wet towels in the showers along with clumps of hair in the drain. So not the Four Seasons experience.

Room Tip: I would call the hotel and ask for the sunset view rooms. They sit higher on the property and altho...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from the City Different,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort following your stay with us.
Your review regarding the noise in your room will definitely be passed onto our Director of Engineering. I also apologize that your visit to our Spa was not to your expectations, we use all feedback as a learning experience and discussions have been had with the appropriate people. We only want our guests to experience the absolute best, and we are genuinely sorry this was not the case for you during your visit. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience in Terra Restaurant and Bar and that your in rooming dining experience was also great! Our Food and Beverage team is amazing, and I will pass your comments on to Chef Andrew Cooper so he may let his staff know as well.

Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the number listed below. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

(505) 946-5801