The Four Season is a beautiful resort set in the hills outside Santa Fe. Based on the pictures I expected an extensive desert view. What I got was the view of a tree and the parking lot. A similar experience would hold true for almost any room on the ground level and even some upper rooms. The expansive views on the website apply to a select number of rooms. If you pay for the most expensive rooms I'm sure you'll get a good view. We had a deluxe casita, Room 38, in case you are interested.
The interior of the rooms are very nice. They are large and comfortable. I also found them to be quite.
I was celebrating my 60th birthday at the hotel. My birthday was the day we checked in. So when we mentioned it at the front desk the person they offered us an upgrade, for a price. We had not been to our room yet and we asked what room we'd get for the upgrade price. She told us and we said we'd check them out. After seeing our original room we decided we wanted to upgrade. We were told we'd have to wait before we knew for sure we'd get the new room. People were supposedly moving from one room to another but hadn't done it yet. After wasting over an hour and a half we were told the room wasn't available. The Four Seasons reservation service had given away the room. This wait made us miss my 60th birthday dinner reservations. Luckily it was a week night so we were able to move the reservation. All around it was a bad experience getting a room at this hotel and it messed up what had been up to that point a nice 60th birthday.
The highest rating I'd give the hotel is four circles for a deluxe casita. I gave it two circles for messing up my birthday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe
- Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe New Mexico