My wife and I made our first trip to Santa Fe for the last weekend of the opera season and the annual Indian Market--at which Indian crafts people from all over the country show and sell their work.We have stayed at other Four Seasons resorts around the world--so the property in Santa Fe was an obvious choice. We double checked with Tripadvisor, found mostly positive reviews and booked here. Not for a second did we regret our choice.
Location is wonderful--out in the desert, a 15-minute ride from downtown Santa Fe and about the same from the Santa Fe opera. The Indian Market turned Santa Fe into a mob scene but not a hint of that at Four Seasons Rancho Encantado. Out there, all was tranquil, peaceful, relaxing. .
The resort is charming--designed in soft earth tones to blend into the countryside. There's plenty of native crafts to catch the eye. Accommodations are spacious and handsomely furnished. We had a casita (casita number one as it happened) which amounts to a stand-alone dwelling, with king-sized bed, lots of sitting room, a dressing room and a mega-sized bathroom. There's a do-it-yourself fireplace (nights get chilly at 7,000 feet). Best of all, there is a roomy patio with comfy chairs and lounges.
We woke up early, used the Keurig machine in the room to make coffee. Then we bundled into our robes and drank our coffee on the patio, watching the desert world come alive.
The food was excellent and the service was warm and welcoming. All requests were handled quickly and cheerfully. We had a very early plane to catch and wanted coffee and rolls at 4 a.m. That is a little before normal room service begins. No matter, at 4 a.m. we had coffee and pastries delivered to our door.
There is hourly free shuttle service to Santa Fe. For visitors there to see the opera, there is a specially-priced opera lovers dinner and free shuttle service to and from the opera. The concierge arranged limo service to and from the Santa Fe airport and also set up a delightful day trip to Taos.
We know Four Seasons resorts and expected something special. What we got exceeded those expectations by a wide margin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe
- Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe New Mexico