All reviewstortillaspantry restauranthot tubmotor courtcerrillos roadcookie cuttercontinental breakfastcharming placethe breakfast areashort drivenice breakfastsanta fe charmoutdoor pooladobe stylevisiting santa fenew mexicowe've stayed
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here 20 years ago with our 5 sons and loved it then. Finally made our way back to Santa Fe as a couple and based on our experience 20 years ago, made reservations here. We had a wonderful courtyard room that was large and very comfortable. The grounds are beautiful, We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub on a gorgeous starry night. Breakfast was a nice continental breakfast with yummy warm tortillas. The staff, especially the breakfast staff, was very friendly. The El Rey Inn feels more like a B & B than a motel - we will definately be back!

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard room with table & chairs outside the door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beth L
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I first stayed at the El Rey last October 2012 on the encouragement of my sister and brother-in-law who'd stayed there. It has southwestern charm and a wonderful complimentary breakfast space including patio. Wi-Fi connectivity in my room did not work, but a short walk to the lobby provided me easy access. Additionally, the El Rey is relatively close to the Plaza, not walking distance but a short drive and parking at the El Rey is complimentary as well. I look forward to my upcoming stay in about 10 days, early Oct. 2013.
Also, there is a "lodge" accommodation for reunions, etc. that sleeps 8. We have already booked if for my family, as we celebrate my 60th birthday in Santa Fe next June, 2013. I love this fun inn; I think you will too!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlotte M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights and I loved the look of the hotel and the grounds...great swimming pool..breakfast staff are excellent...but our room was very small...dark...and the bathroom looked like the fixtures were 40 or 50 years old..the bathroom needs a major overhaul...for over $100 a night I expected more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank olivergav
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We love coming here and have for several years. We come in August for the Opera but also the beauty of Santa Fe as well as New Mexico. The motel is warm, accommodating, as well as friendly. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. You don't get the feeling that it's a chain motel for impersonal. We love it and have already booked for next year.

Room Tip: I think it's easiest to call them directly and talk to them about the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allan B
Reviewed 17 September 2013

If you are driving down Route 66 in Santa Fe don't pass up the El Rey Inn!

It is a beautiful property that is first class. We had a beautiful room with an adobe fireplace and seating area and we had our own patio table right outside our door. If you can splurge on a king room it is worth it. Has all the amenities....in room microwave,refrigerator, coffee, hair dryer etc. They have two hot tubs and a beautiful swimming pool. Much nicer than the average chains. Very nice upscale continental breakfast. Even warm tortillas!

Room Tip: The king rooms are really nice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple