Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$194
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$287
US$270
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$248
Comfort Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$138
Inn of the Turquoise Bear(Santa Fe)
US$423
US$312
Official Site
US$368
US$346
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$194
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Courtyard Santa Fe(Santa Fe)
US$126
US$118
Courtyard
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$220
US$203
  • Pool
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$138
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstortillaspantry restauranthot tubmotor courtcerrillos roadcontinental breakfastcookie cutterthe breakfast areashort drivenice breakfastsanta fe charmadobe styleoutdoor poolnew mexicovisiting santa fewe've stayedroad trip
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Oh man I really love this place. I looked at some of the 'terrible' reviews and just don't get it. One person complained about not getting an early check in. Well, I arrived 2 hrs before check in and they gave me my room. Early check in's depend on those checking out before you check in, PEOPLE!!! Blame those idiots, not the motel staff!! The room is spotless, the service is great and I absolutely LOVED this place. I write this review as I'm sitting in room #63. This is the prototypical Route 66 motor court. And did I mention how comfortable and clean the beds are? All I an say is if you don't like this place something out of the ordinary happened or you are very hard to please. I LOVE this place!!! Thank you El Rey!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
BrianDGraves, General Manager at El Rey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Mark R,

I cannot express how thrilled the staff is when we share a guest's review who enjoys all that the El Rey Court has to offer. Obviously, you just "get it". Our historic Route 66 motor court appeal and five acres of lovely grounds. Thank you for posting such a kind review of the El Rey and we all look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Spacious and clean! Loved my king size bed so much I tore it apart to see what kind of sheets they had. Matouk - clean and crisp and just the way I like my bedding. Had a wonderful sleep. Tiled floor and lots of space to spread out luggage or sit and read. I chose to stay in bed and flip channels. Got chilly at night and in the morning and ran the heating unit located in the bath area. At first I thought this would not do the job but it sure did - so much I had to turn it off after a short while and it kept the temperature in the room quite nicely.

They have a very small breakfast in the morning but sufficient for those who are not big eaters. They have coffee in the room - it was not great but sufficient enough for me. Nice frig and they had a IN-ROOM SAFE. Lordly, no one had one but here. THANK YOU for having one. They also have nice bath amenities!

Pool closed for season but the area was very nice and inviting.

The only thing I did not care for is the location. Hard to get in and out during the week. Forget crossing the street - make a right hand turn and circle around. It does not equate to much distance. Santa Fe is far more crowded than I anticipated. Crazy almost. By the end of the second day, I felt moderately at ease but it took being lost A LOT. On the other hand, this motel/inn is located relatively a short distance to eating and shopping but moderate for really good eats. David suggested two restaurants and both were exceptional. Also, for the size of Santa Fe and this location, it is still nestled and actually quiet. Nice to walk around a bit.

When I first arrived, I had come from Taos and HWY 285 goes directly into Cerillos Rd. Make a right and they down a ways on the left. During the week, you may have to go further to the light and circle back. Sounds like a lot but I am not kidding when I say all of Sante Fe is like this.

I left Saturday morning at 5:30 am and no traffic so I was able to cross the road and head 8 miles to the interstate. From that exit, it is 56 miles to the rental return lot.

Had a great stay and I would not hesitate to come back and stay here.

Room Tip: I think just about any would be good.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear HazelEyesFromTN,

What a sweet review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the El Rey Court with others. I am so happy to hear that you particularly enjoyed our new Matouk 350 thread count linens. They are super soft! We are still in the process of providing upgrades in all of our guest rooms and feel certain that your future stay will be even more pleasurable. Thank you again for posting such gracious comments.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We booked this place based on good prior reviews. I’m not sure that those that gave good reviews have a low bar when it comes to accommodations. We arrived at 2:30 fully knowing that check-in time was 3pm. But, we hoped we could get in early. Nope. We sat in the lobby as countless others came in early and no one got an early check-in. At 2:58, the clerk said he was “pretty sure our room was ready now” with a wry grin. I think it was ready the whole time but they are very strict on their early check-in policy.

The room was dark and dated even with all the lights on. The bed was worn out and had a huge dip in the middle. The “free breakfast” consisted of juice, coffee and mini muffins. This motel reminds me of something from the 60s that has never been updated. Avoid unless you like that sort of thing. Also, we paid $170 which is a joke for such conditions.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jimmy P

Dear Jimmy P,

I am so sorry that your stay with us at the El Rey Court did not meet your standard of accommodations. We are working as fast as possible to make the necessary upgrades to our guest rooms, that I am sure will meet or exceed your expectations. I will personally research what guest room was yours and begin the upgrades on this room immediately. Thank you for the input. With the renovation of our dining area nearing completion, we will be able to provide a more robust complementary breakfast as we will not be limited by space, as we are now. I do apologize that your guest room was not ready for early check-in. With check-out at 12:00 pm and during times of high occupancy, it only allows our housekeeping staff three hours to complete their duties, delaying early check-in in some instances. We do our best to accommodate this request. It is my hope that you will give the El Rey another chance and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

El Rey Inn was a really pleasant surprise and a great value ($116/night 2 nights)! When we arrived the view from the street was like a typical motel look, not impressive (or at least what we are used to). The office help were really great, cheerful, helpful and eager to answer questions. The room was a spacious and very clean. The interior was what you would expect from an older hotel but nicely done. The bathroom architecture was unique with rounded walls finished in adobe style. Breakfast consisted of scones and muffins from a local bakery. We spent two nights and would definitely stay again if we are ever in Santa Fe NM.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We had booked one night in advance.
Arrived early but could not check in, which of course was ok.
Official check in time is at 3 PM, but when we arrived again at 3.05, we were told, that our room was not yet ready. When we pointed out that check in was at 3 PM, the obnoxious lady at the front desk, declared that we were already checked in. By that she apparently ment the paper work - WTF
When we asked for the room, she told us, that they have had a full house the night before, and there was nothing she could do.
How about making sure, that you have enough staff in house keeping?
Finally, at 3.30 we got the room. We had actually parked right next to the room, and in the waiting time, nobody from house keeping came or left the room, which we cannot interpret other than the room had been ready all along. Sorry, but WTF again.
Room was ok except from a stinky carpet, and the refrigiator smelled like somebody had left a dead skunk in there.
But I have to say, the location is fine, and the pool and pool area is nice.
Last but not least: Complimentary breakfast? Coffee and a muffin?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mette H
BrianDGraves, General Manager at El Rey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Mette H,

Please accept our apology that your room at the El Rey was not ready by check-in. I inquired with the housekeeping staff regarding your room on your arrival day and found out that it was indeed ready earlier. The housekeeping staff had made an error on their room ready list. I informed the front desk of the error and for them to let you know that your room was ready for occupancy which was right at 3:00 pm. We really try to allow our guests to check in early, if at all possible. We are in the process of renovating our rooms based upon occupancy and have not completed the work in all of our rooms. We are also renovating our dining area where we would normally serve our complimentary breakfast. In the interim, we are using our reception area which is limited in space and can only serve a continental breakfast. The bacon and cheese scones, muffins and sweet rolls are baked fresh each day by Bodega Prime, a wonderful restaurant near the hotel. Again, please accept our apology for any inconvenience and we hope that given the opportunity that you will consider the El Rey Court for a future stay.

Brian Graves