“Charming Getaway Retreat”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arizona
“Charming Getaway Retreat”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

What a delightful getaway retreat location! Well appointed with beautiful Native American decor, delightful and accommodating staff, unheard of free parking and free wi-fi compared to other prime Santa Fe hotels located close to plaza, and great coffee/tea, cocoa station set up near elevator on our floor. Located not far from "The Plaza", easy walk or take free shuttle service in a unique purple vehicle. Hotel we usually stay at was sold out but this will now be our regular annual stop!

1 Thank klassmal
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Many thanks for your kind words and I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your recent stay so very much. Please come back soon and in the meantime, have a wonderful summer!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Houston
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We booked the Spa Package and everything exceeded our expectations. We wish we had upgraded to a slightly larger room in the Hacienda, but over all it was a great experience. We liked being in the Hacienda with the butler service. We visited the lounge for a snack the afternoon we checked in and my husband used it in the early mornings to read the paper and have coffee before I was ready for breakfast. The package included a full breakfast each day which were scrumptious and in a beautiful setting. We ate late between 9:30 and 10:30 AM each morning and never needed a lunch. Also included was a dinner for two with a bottle of wine. We expected average hotel fare since it was a prix fix menu, but it ended up being one the best meals we had in Santa Fe. Simply delicious! Lastly, the package included two one-hour massages. We had them at 8PM and were able to go right to bed. We both felt they were excellent massages and it was so very nice to be able to go back to the room in the same building. The room itself was nice and southwestern decor was lovely. We were there for three nights and when it's that long of stay, it's nice to have a sitting area. Ours only had one side chair that was sort of in the way. On the other hand, there are nice, quite lounge areas in the lobby of the Hacienda and when the Lounge is open. The mattress was quite hard and the bathroom showed a tiny bit of wear and tear and we did have a clogged toilet one day, but they came very quickly to fix it. We did not use the purple shuttles (though we did see them several times) but we were there for three week days and had no trouble finding parking near the square. We would definitely stay there again and get the Spa Package again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Hacienda (separate building) are very quiet and had private parking.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your wonderful, kind words to tripadvisor.com. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and the Spa and sorry you just missed out on our new mattresses, which we are installing this week - and they are really nice!! So please, come back soon!!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 July 2011

On several trips, I've stayed with my husband at both the regular hotel here and at the Hacienda. Really, I don't have any complaints. It's a nice property and there are definitely some perks at the Hacienda, but if you're going to spend that much money on your stay, La Posada looks even better.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Well I obviously have to respectfully disagree and I hope you might give us another chance. As you can see from other comments, we really value our guests!!
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I've stayed at hotels that had coffee makers in the room and had alot more offered for free like breakfast for way less then what we paid there. Price was way too high and didn't get what other less expensive hotels offer for free so I wouldn't stay there, when I could get more for less somewhere else at an equally nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
I am obviously disappointed to learn that you felt you didn’t get enough “bang for your buck”, but our rates are always very competitive and it is our brief high season in Santa Fe. Also note that we believe that having fresh coffee in the Lobby on each floor is far more hygienic than coffee makers in every room.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe for 5 nights and days. The decor is colorful, exciting and so inviting to the eye. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
The decor of our suite was awesome and it was very spacious and comfortable.
The restaurant is easily accessible, and the food is very delicious. There is a very good variety of choices on the menu.
My husband used the Fitness Facility and found it to be very nice.
Parking is so easy and free!
Access to the Plaza is only minutes away and the hotel offers a free shuttle.
We attended 3 operas and loved the fact that the Santa Fe Opera provided shuttle pickup
right outside the hotel for a very nominal fee.
We definitely are already planning next year's visit back to Santa Fe and the Santa Fe
Hotel for the opera season in 2012.

Room Tip: We had a first floor in the rear of the hotel w/outside access right outside of our door.Great!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Opera_L0vers
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com with your kind words and I was happy to learn you “grabbed” the price you wanted. Please come back soon!
milford
Reviewed 20 July 2011

From the moment we arrived we were greeted very warmly. I had been traveling all day and was hungry and exhausted. We were asked if we would "mind" being upgraded at the same price. We were given a suite overlooking the swimming pool. It was beautiful, well decorated and clean. I was hungry and tired so we opted for the hotel restaurant. They had a very creative menu. Quite unexpected - a price rfixe for only $23 - lots of good food and service. Saturday morning there was a free yoga class outdoors overlooking Santa Fe. Heaven - and an excellent teacher. Transportation was provided but we had our own car. We were just a few blocks from downtown santa Fe and right across the street from the railroad district which by the way was landscaped just like the hi - line in New York City (maybe even nicer) As I am an early riser, I headed down to the lobby where there was coffee waiting and the daily newspaper. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We kept going into their website to get the price we wanted. When one became available we grabbed i...
3 Thank endleman
Boston, MA
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed in a uunior suite for two nights in June 2011. The hotel is decorated nicely and well maintained. Our room was clean and comfortable, maybe a bit small.
Beware of industrial size A/C constantly running outside of the hotel which might be somewhat noisy if you like me prefer to have your windows open at night.

We particularly enjoyed the restaurant patio. Our dinner experience there was wonderful. I was really looking forward to having breakfast there , but my peaceful morning was interrupted by some local Indian musician, who was very persistent in playing guitar next to my table, and I did not feel like confronting him, although I was annoyed. This was the only negative experience I had during my stay, so I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: have dinner at the restaurant patio (make sure there are no local musicians there if you want it to...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
So sorry to learn that Antonio was annoying and I have had words with him!! Otherwise, I am so happy to learn you enjoyed your stay. Many thanks!