“Excellent Place To Stay”
Review of Hotel Santa Fe

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I spent the night here on my honeymoon. We were doing a road trip from Dallas and the hotel caught our attention based on good reviews. We really were hoping to avoid chain hotels and stay places that felt unique to the area. I am so happy we decided to stay here. The customer service was top notch: Gabe checked us in and was very nice and helpful. He provided us with a map and information on things to see and do. We stayed in a junior suite and it was perfect for us. We had a little balcony overlooking the courtyard and a cozy living room. I also was glad to see it had a nice desk where I could complete an assignment at. The decor was interesting and warm. I liked that the hotel had a few notes that emphasized being "green", but it wasn't preachy or in your face. Soaps smelled great! Even though it was supposed to snow that night, we were able to use the outdoor pool and hot tub. Felt great after our long drive. The food at the hotel's Amaya was also fantastic and it had the intimate atmosphere I was hoping for. I had the beet salad for brunch and (no exaggeration) it was the best salad I have ever had.

Prior to coming to this hotel, my husband had always said he would never go skiing with my ski- happy family because he hates the cold. Now he says he will try skiing, but only if we stay at this hotel during the ski trips. Hearing him say this made my whole trip! We will definately be back. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

So many congratulations to you both and thank you so very much for staying with us!

Your fantastic words of encouragement are so greatly received and we are also delighted to learn that your husband will now ski with “the ski-happies” - marvelous.

I am concerned to discover that you were apparently working at the desk during your honemoon, but hopefully it was brief?!

We look forward to welcoming all of our back this next winter for some fun skiing!

Again, many, many thanks.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Before traveling to Santa Fe, I had made arrangements for my cousins to stay together at a sister hotel operated as a B&B. Unknown to us (7 people,) there was a major wine-tasting/restaurant event at the same time we were to arrive. The sister hotel was overbooked. Hotel Santa Fe literally jumped through hoops to relocate all of us into their facility and made arrangements for daily breakfast coupons as well as an amazing dinner with wine in their 5-star restaurant--all because we had been inconvenienced. We were delighted with the service at Hotel Santa Fe and would return in a heartbeat!

Ann B. in Fort Worth

Room Tip: My 2nd floor room had a private veranda shaded by lovely trees on the entrance patio below.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

We hope your “heartbeat” will bring you back soon! Many apologies for the inconvenience you were caused at our sister hotel, but I am delighted to learn that everything worked out well!!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I planned a retreat for my firm at The Hacienda and Spa. They really had a nice time. The evening reception was good. They had the Amaya dinner buffet and the Land of Enchantment breakfast which offered a nice variety of good food. We had a group of 54 people who needed to be shuttled around town to 5 different restaurants, and the shuttle service was on top of their game. Many people also took advantage of the spa, which I heard booked up quickly.
One attorney wrote, "In all seriousness, the retreat was a very enjoyable trip and just a really good weekend overall. Thanks again."
Kudos to ALL of the staff for making their stay a great one!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Dawn N

We thank you so very much for booking your retreat with us and are delighted to learn that everything went well. I hope that you will return if not as a group, but individually in the not too distant future!

Again, many thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We just loved staying there! We were suppose to stay at another hotel located just outside downtown and changed to Hotel Santa Fe at the last minute. We are so happy we did! The hotel was awesome, the staff is great and would recommend this hotel to anyone!!! Five Stars!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 336 and room was great. King room with a separate living room! Very enjoyable and relax...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your “last minute” change and we are so delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I just got back from a four day stay with my 27 year old daughter. The hotel was very clean and comfortable with the warmest and most accommodating staff I have encountered anywhere. My daughter celebrated her birthday during our stay and staff made it very special by sending champaign and chocolate covered strawberries to the room. The Spa was absolutely great (although not cheap - but then you get what you pay for). We loved the restaurant and thought the food was exceptional (only chose the southwest items from the menu). If I had to come up with a criticism, it would be that the morning coffee laid out in the lobby of our third floor was not really hot - they need better insulated containers. No big deal though since everything else was great. Location good since close enough to the plaza to walk. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

And we hope you will come back soon! Apologies for the coffee not being hot enough - I will look into those thermos coffee pots and see if they can be improved upon!!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed here with my wife for our honeymoon and the entire trip was great. The entire hotel looks like it is made from adobe so we were able to have fun even outside just taking pictures of the place. There is a heated pool and jacuzzi and robes provided in the rooms (we had a junior suite so I am not sure if all rooms come with them), and the staff helped us get brochures and maps to see the city. We are from Dallas so there help and the free hotel shuttle service was great.

The restaurant had very good food (5 stars) and if you order the bar specials it is fairly cheap for hotel food. My wife and I ate on $30 between the two of us with alcohol included.

The only drawbacks we saw were a small shower and outdated microwave/tv in the room. Also, if you don't order specials at the restaurant it can get expensive quickly.

All together this was arguably the best hotel we have stayed at and we will be back in the future for ski trips to some of the nearby slopes.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Booked on-line (thru Hotwire?) so got a bargain rate. Lobby is beautiful! literally warm and welcoming with a New Mexican fireplace for relaxing with a drink. Furniture and art are of a very high quality. The bathroom in my non-"concierge" level room was disappointing--water wouldn't drain from tub during shower, no fan to evacuate air. This (and most other hotels of this quality) are earnest in their desire to be "green"...then why all the extra decorative pillows that most of us never use?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

So sorry to learn that your tub was slow to drain and wish we knew the room number! There is indeed a rooftop fan in the bathroom which due to location appears to be silent/non-existent.

Very many thank fo staying with us and please call us direct next time to obtain the best rate!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.