“Happy Guests”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Beulah, Colorado
“Happy Guests”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hotel Sante Fe in Sante Fe, New Mexico is a great hotel. We stayed for a few days. Service was tremendous, room was great and as advertised. Food was good, the pool area was good, excursion buses were run by the hotel at no charge took us anywhere in Sante Fe that we wanted to go, and picked us up. Helpful staff went beyond. Spa services were great. we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Many thanks for staying with us for a few days and I am delighted to know that you took advantage of our many facilities/amenities.

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The room is 5 star, the front desk is 5 star, the general manager is 5 star, the Lead Butler Jess was 10 star if I could make it that high! The Concierge on staff the days we were there was a 1 star. I will now elaborate. The room was gorgeously appointed, crisp sheets, comfortable matteress, super clean, shower had excellent water pressure - perfect room! The check in/check out process was fantastic - staff was very informative. The general manager Corey was a pleasure to talk with and was very helpful. The Butler service was incredible!! Jess is very knowledgeable on the "happenings" in Santa Fe. (He should train ALL the staff!!!) Now to the Concierge - she was a disappointment. She didn't know anything about the top 10 attractions in Santa Fe (as noted by Trip Advisor). I knew more. If the hotel would train the Concierge on the attractions, restaurants etc in Santa Fe my review would be a 5 star. Take note Corey - have Jess train the staff as we discussed!! I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Valeriel2009
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Very many thanks for staying with us and I have passed on your kind words to Corey and Jess and all the staff - except, of course, to the concierge on duty at that time.

Please accept my apologies for her lack of knowledge on the “happenings” in Santa Fe, but thank you for bringing this to my attention! It has already been addressed!!

Irvine, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Hotel Santa Fe. We stayed in the Hacienda, which is located in a separate building from the main hotel. The Hotel Santa Fe is a nice setting with artwork throughout the Hotel and the Hacienda. We had breakfast in the hotel dining room each morning during our stay and found the food to be quite good. The hotel service is excellent and the staff friendly and responsive to our requests. We generally had no problems with the hotel other than with the Internet connection. We found the Internet connection to be sporadic and had to call on more than one occasion to speak with them about the Internet. Although the hotel staff was helpful in finding ways to help us get Internet access, this is something that they should address.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Rest assured that we are indeed improving our internet access as I write this response to your kind and constructive commentary. I apologize for the inconvenience you were caused and we are adding access pints as the load from our guests continues to increase.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here in the last and have always been pleased with everything. This time, when I checked in the service was just as great and once I got to my room I had a welcome back basket. This hotel is amazing with their service, food and quality of the rooms. Easy to maneuver around and the shuttle service is great!
Beautiful hotel, a great place to stay and awesome staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Anita H
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am so delighted to learn that you were “pleasantly surprised” and thank you for staying with us!!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay-favorites being the enclosed patio area for meals, the evening music, and the transportation to tourist locations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our suite was artistically decorated. The pool area was secluded and partly shaded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjsolson
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am delighted to know that you had an “enjoyable visit” and that we took good care of you.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at the front desk was excellent. The drivers were GREAT! They were very quick to pick up & drop off, all you have to do is call the hotel, let them know where you are & the shuttle is there immediately. The location is also a big plus, within walking distance to restaurants and entertainment. We stayed in a suite with a private balcony, which was nice. It would have been better to have a lock on the bedroom door to ensure privacy for the adults. The bathroom was a bit thrown together, but functional. The pool was small & the other guests seemed offended when we showed up with our eleven year old & actually used the pool, which was comical. Some of them actually left. I would recommend this hotel to couples more so than families.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mkvacay
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I am sorry to learn of your troubles/discomfort at the Pool but hopefully your eleven year-old had a good time.

Many thanks for staying with us and I am glad to learn you especially enjoyed our London Taxi Shuttle Service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

(1)The wi-fi connection( was almost non-existent to in my room. I got it for about 5 minutes a day..
(2) I was told on arrival there was an extra $19 a day "amenities" charge. To be fair it was on the back of my booking form but I hadn't noticed it. I was told that included all phone calls within the USA. Yet they then appeared as charges on my bill (they were taken off when I queried them). It made me feel I was being ripped off. Apparently it is not the only hotel in Santa fe with this charge.
Apart from those 2 (to me huge and important points) the hotel was lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and apologies for the wifi issue you encountered - we are continually upgrading the system to cope with demand and unfortunately there are a couple of rooms with poor reception and it appears you were in one of them. The latest phase should be complete within the month.

As regards the Resort/A.R.T. Fee, it is indeed common practice throughout the city and I have explained the issue in previous commentaries - if not this fee then parking, etc.

Again, my apologies.