“Lovely”

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The Hotel Santa Fe is a great little hotel. You want a room at the Hacienda though! Nice spa and gym; rooftop jacuzzi and sun deck.

The food is okay, the service is SUPER.

It is a tranquil environment that I recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed at the Hacienda for one night on our way to Colorado, after checking in, they ''prepared'' our room so when we got in it there was a bowl of fresh fruit and a few water bottles in a bucket of ice. Room furniture was very nice and it must have been one of the nicest bathroom I had seen in a long time. We used the shuttle service to The Plaza and they piccked us up later that night with no hassle. The hotel staff came by our room later that night to offer more water bottles for free, most hotels coulb learn a lot from this one... Also the hotel is like a art gallery as you walk through the hallways. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank habs2611
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We have stayed at Hotel Santa Fe several times and have always enjoyed it. The location is excellent...just a short walk to the Plaza and dining and shopping and galleries. The rooms are always very clean and well maintained. The free shuttle service is a real plus if you're going to museums that are farther out. The "traditional" rooms are a bit crowded and the bathrooms are small. Opt instead for one of the mini suites and you'll be very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for what we paid. It was fantastic. The bed was so comfortable. I loved the shower. It was close enough for us to walk to the Plaza. The food was fabulous. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Wow! What can I say...I had traveled to New Mexico before on business, yet, was never fortunate enough to stay in a hotel as nice as Hotel Santa Fe. When I arrived at the hotel, there was no hassle whatsoever with check-in, the staff was pleasant, and cheery, and the hotel looked wonderful. As a matter of fact, I would say the ambience once I entered the hotel lowered my blood pressure. LOL

If I may emphasize a four points here: first, the hotel staff was exceptional. And by exceptional I mean courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. Second, the hotel itself was one of the cleanest I have ever been in. Third, the hotel amenities were outstanding; from the spa treatments available, the fitness center, and swimming pool, to something as simple as ample parking. Fourth and final, the hotel is located in the really wonderful area of downtown Santa Fe, New Mexico. There is a vast array of shopping and dining right outside the hotel walls.

You can't go wrong folks. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hotel Santa Fe!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I was nervous about our stay after reading the reviews, but we didn't experience any of the negatives that other travelers mentioned. We were able to check-in right away, although we didn't try to check-in until the standard 4 p.m. time. The check-out time isn't until later in the day, noon I believe is the standard time. So that is why when some guests were trying to check-in at 10 a.m. while we were there, the front desk said to try back in the afternoon. The farmer's market is only two blocks from the hotel, and downtown is easily within walking distance, unless you can't walk a mile. There are shuttles on-site although we didn't use them. We just walked to places in Santa Fe or drove our rental car outside Santa Fe. Overall a very good value. No, the television is not a flat screen, but then again why would anyone just sit in the hotel room and watch tv while in such a wonderful city?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HayaoMiyazakiLover
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I recently stayed at Hotel Santa Fe with two close friends. They stayed in one of the beautiful Hacienda suites and I was very content with my less expensive room--all of us would happily go back. Here are the 6 reasons I will stay here again on my next trip to Santa Fe:

1. Location is fantastic--we came to check out Site Santa Fe's art Biennial, which was down the block. Everything else was close by too.

2. Free shuttles--this is such a perk. You can leave your car in the parking lot, hop on a shuttle to anywhere downtown and not worry about directions or drinking at dinner. One night we had a late dinner and stayed out past the cut-off time and the hotel could not have been nicer--they sent a shuttle even though it was after hours (which was great as Santa Fe is clearly not a cab town--we called and they told us it would be 30 minutes until a cab could come!)

3. I will fully admit to being a big coffee snob--the hotel's complimentary coffee was fantastic. Sometimes the little things really matter.

4. The Native American art in the hotel is beautiful and special--this is not a generic hotel but a tastefully decorated hotel which takes pride in local culture and art. On a related note, the fact that this is Santa Fe's only Native American owned hotel is something I found appealing

5. I had to work briefly during my visit and found the wi-fi to be fast and always reliable. I was also able to print out a bunch of documents at the business center without any hassles, charges, or having to wait.

6. Hotel bar made the best margarita I had in New Mexico!

My friends who stayed in the Hacienda would have even more to add to this list but since I was on a budget, my simpler room suited me just perfectly!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business