“A great place to stay”
Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I went to Santa Fe for a long weekend and stayed at the Inn. The room (131) was a nice casita with a private yard. Clean and well appointed. We arrived in time for the wine and cheese hour (4pm) which was great. A wonderful breakfast is included. Many choices available. It is located within easy walking distance of the downtown and plaza area. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We liked the small casitas instead of the larger adjacent building.
1  Thank drishi
There are newer reviews for Inn on the Alameda

Reviewed 30 May 2012

The wife and I needed a break from cement, steel, stress, work, and general hectic life... and the Inn on the Alameda was the perfect place to get away and unwind. The room, service, personnel, and food was all top notch. We felt special, we were treated as family. From the front desk at check-in, to the housekeeping service, and the kitchen staff, all lived up to what we expected from all the great reviews we had read before making our reservations. We had the Deluxe King Room and it was perfect. Very comfortable, very clean, very quiet, and very relaxing. Make sure you take advantage of the wonderful breakfast buffet. The fruits, pastries, quiches, and other breakfast items were all tasty, fresh, and served with a smile. Make sure that you say hi to Reyes behind the counter and her son Dominic... both made our early mornings special. My thanks to all the terrific staff at this very special retreat for making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing. Exactly what we needed. WE WILL DEFINITELY MAKE PLANS TO RETURN TO VISIT OUR NEW FRIENDS.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Deluxe King room with patio... next time we will ask for a first floor with a little...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Deb_Swanson, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

We would like to thank you for choosing the Inn and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We have printed your tripadvisor review and shared it with both Reyes and Dominic. Reyes has been with us for 8 years and Dominic for 5 years. We know they truly appreciate your special mention. We look forward to you returning to the Inn when you are in Santa Fe again.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had the pleasure of spending three nights at the Inn on the Alameda. We had a chance to sample the standard and deluxe king rooms. Great beds and pillows, a small but nice fitness center, laundry, great breakfast, fast wi-fi, about a 10 minute walk from the main plaza and less then a block from Canyon Rd and easy parking all made for a great stay.
For vegans and vegetarians the Inn makes a special effort in providing a nice range of breakfast items and advice on local restaurants to eat at.

Room Tip: For light sleepers or folks who like to sleep with the windows open you may want to specify that you...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is the hotel my husband and I usually stay at when we are in Santa Fe as it is a very charming place.We are both in our 60s. However, the last time we were there, I had a very disconcerting experience at the wine and cheese gathering in the evening. My husband and I each had 2 glasses of wine over the course of an hour or so. When he went back up to the bar for another glass to take back to our room, the young lady told him "I'll give it to you now, but we really mean for the guests to have no more than 2 glasses of wine each". My husband laughed it off,but I was mortified ,thinking, "How dare she judge us?". I always loved this place but I will really think twice about staying there again, all because of this unfortunate young woman who probably be in a different line of work.

Room Tip: Mice in the casitas
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank newmexicolady
Deb_Swanson, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

We regret that you felt uncomfortable during your recent visit and are concerned that there may have been a misunderstanding. The Inn's policy allows for two drinks, per person for the wine and cheese hour. This is in accordance with our understanding of the New Mexico alcohol server program. Please be assured that our bartender was not intending to pass judgement but only to explain our policy. I hope that you will contact me directly should you have any further questions. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Every year we travel to Santa Fe to rest and enjoy our favorite US city. This year we took friends and decided to stay somewhere different. We chose the Inn on the Alameda and were thrilled with the results. The location near the Plaza is convenient. We only used our car once in 4 days. The facilities are beautiful with roses and flowers everywhere. We even had an aspen on our private patio. We were really impressed with the staff who were always hospitable and helpful. The hot breakfast with delectable pastries and the afternoon wine with fresh fruits and chesse were outstanding. Be sure to try the Charlie's sangria. Our next trip to Santa Fe will definitely be based at the Inn of Alameda.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank shirley s
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Everything I expected. Charming,very "Santa Fe"! Beautiful buildings, rooms, and grounds; excellent staff. Very helpful and friendly. Although not right on the plaza, and in the middle of everything, it is an easy walk,just a couple of blocks. This makes for a quieter more relaxing stay. And the stroll to the Plaza is a very pretty,easy walk with the Santa Fe creek right across from the Inn. A very personal experience! The management and staff went of their way to make the entire experience,from booking to checkout, a wonderful one. Breakfast was leisurely and enjoyable with selections beyond the usual cereal and microwave sweet rolls, with a personal touch. Look forward to staying here again and would recommend it to any family and friends.

2  Thank bsab0
Reviewed 21 May 2012

this hotel was tailored to more older folks. Not for a young party group. I just flew back tonight from my stay there, and I woild stay there again if I go back. I only have a few small complaints. Very small bathrooms, and no electrical outlets by the desk in my room. Yes I did bring my computer as I find it most difficult to leave work behind.

The wonderful thing is the courtyard with the wine and cheese in one short hour between 4 and 5. Do not believe anything you might read, it is only for one hour, and even if you go back after 50 minutes you will most likely not find someone there, atending bar. You are allowed 2 drinks each. That is all. The Sangria they make is out of this world if you like sweet drinks,

I booked about 3 months ago and gald I did. My plain room with two beds was about 200 a night. I wish I had been able to review the delux rooms and all the suites that they have, I insisted on a balcony or patio and I got it. It was very nice.

Room Tip: Many rooms do not have baloncies or patio's. That was the one thing I requested. Also on travel...
3  Thank jasatt