“Overall a good choice for Santa Fe”
Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I spent a long weekend at the Inn on the Alameda with a friend for a girlfriends getaway. There are lots of great things about this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are very comfortable. The closet is kind of narrow, but there were plenty of hangers. The decor is southwest and felt authentic. The bathroom is small and the amenities are limited to shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The towels are the nicest I've had anywhere at any price point. The shower however had the worst pressure of anywhere. It took at least twice as long to shower because of this. The wine and cheese hour was very nice and the wine was decent with several choices. The included breakfast was mediocre. There was a decent French toast casserole but they gave the tiniest piece. We chose to eat offsite for two of our three mornings. The bartender was nice and made good drinks. Honestly, everyone in Santa Fe was so nice, including all the hotel staff. Our massages included in our package were great. The complimentary shuttle was a nice surprise. The location can't be beat, close to both the Plaza and Canyon Road. The only real glitch we encountered was when checking out. We split the bill and gave them two credit cards. My charge was correct but my friend was charged one and a half times the bill. They said they would credit her when she called about it, but they told her, "That's what happens when hours split the bill. Really? The other thing that was a little frustrating was that I left my iPad charger in the room. They were happy to send it back to me, but could not tell me how much it would be. She said she had no idea. Since a new one was $20 I said never mind and just bought a new one. My fault for leaving it there, but they could be able to give you at least a ballpark of how much it will cost.
Overall we were happy with our choice of the Inn on the Alameda for our girlfriends getaway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking your time to share with others everything you enjoyed about the Inn a couple of area's where we might improve.

The shower head will be checked and corrected as a slow stream of water is not the norm.

I do want to clarify what seems to be confusion over splitting the charges. When you and your friend checked out our front desk agent charged the card on account, when you asked to split the bill our front desk agent had to credit the full amount back to the cc on file in order to split the bill between both of your cards equally and respectively. Your friends folio did indeed show the full amount, then a credit for the full amount then the correct 1/2 charge this was all processed on the day of checkout so while I understand the charges may have looked confusing, we never tripled charged.

I will certainly make sure the staff is able to better communicate what may be a confusing transaction, and "I don't know" is never an acceptable answer, I do apologize.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Santa Fe

Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had only booked one night at the Inn and my girlfriend and I liked staying there so much, we decided to see if we could stay another couple of nights. The location is wonderful and we were within walking distance of the plaza and all of the great restaurants and shopping there, as well as canyon road, with all of the beautiful art galleries. I talked to a wonderful gentleman in management who worked with me and gave me such a good deal on the extra two nights! All of the staff were courteous and friendly as well. I will definitely stay there again and I recommend the Inn on the Alameda to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_rat60

So glad to hear how much you enjoyed your weekend at the Inn, thank you for sharing with others.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Beautiful property, perfect location, friendly staff, and best bartender in Santa Fe!

The brunch was delicious, and the wine offerings at the nightly wine and cheese party were plentiful.

Next time we go to Santa Fe we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill K
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you so much for sharing with others your enjoyment of our all inclusive amenities, including our wine and cheese hour and breakfast . So happy to hear we have enthusiastically earned your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about the Inn on the Alameda, and the friendly, helpful staff working there. Our cable channels on the TV didn't work, but they did try very hard to fix it. We only turned on the TV the night before we left, and checked out by the time the cable company could repair it. When I asked for recommendations for nearby restaurants or driving directions, I was always given good advice. The Inn is absolutely charming, with the typical look of Santa Fe. The price is quite high, but since it was a vacation, I splurged. The architecture and landscaping immerse you in the feeling of New Mexico; it has personality. The rooms are immaculate. If you want to walk, you're close to galleries and restaurants. They also provide a free shuttle. It is a relaxing place to be if you want to take a break from playing tourist.

Room Tip: If you have a physical disability, let them know in advance you want a ground floor room. We were o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to write so extensively about what made the Inn such a great experience for you. We do pride ourselves as being all inclusive and are happy you shared with others your appreciation of that, as well as the joy of being taken care of by such a friendly staff.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Loved this Inn. Breakfast and wine/cheese reception are wonderful, rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. Walking distance to all sorts of wonderful places. Helpful staff, parking, free wifi.... Will come back again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thanky ou for taking your time to write a lovely short and sweet review of all you enjoyed at the Inn.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here as part of a small reunion at the end of June. It was a wonderful, adobe, two-floor kind of construction. I agree that the location is perfect because it was a short walk to the town center and all of the wonderful restaurants. So many of the other places we would have wanted to stay at were much more expensive, so that made this coupled with the free breakfast and the afternoon wine a really good deal. We really liked how charming it was even though it actually had quite a few rooms! We had a king room with a patio surrounded by adobe walls. Our first night, we came back to the room after wallking everywhere and discovered that the air conditioning in the room really didn't work and it was really warm and stuffy. However, we didn't feel like moving to another room, so I opened up the patio door and window. Being an Easterner, I was really confounded by the fact that there wasn't a screen on either the window or the door. But Santa Fe cools off really fast when the sun goes down. Within about an hour, the room was really cool and WOW - THERE WERE NO BUGS! We shut the window and the door and forgot to report the air conditioning. And even though we were next to the street, there really wasn't any street noise. Breakfast was a real treat the first day, but by the fourth -- we were really tired of it. It was the same every day. And we never really were able to make it back to the Inn for the wine at 4pm. But I was always grateful at the end of the day (10pm) to be able to get a cold ice tea at the bar. We tried out the hot tub (spa) one afternoon and it was really very relaxing -- especially since we were the only ones in the spa. It's in an enclosed area that is nice decorated, so seems secluded. We were able to park our car very easily in the Inn's lot right next to the room. For the price as compared to the other hotels close to town, it's a winner.

Room Tip: Hotel has two floors and I really liked my patio on the first floor room. Bring a power strip thoug...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NeedsNEscape
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Inn, thank you for taking your time to share everything that contributed to a great experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have been coming here with our family & friends (we are SF Opera season ticket holders) for many years - it used to be an amazing "find" with superior customer service & cozy accommodations. Unfortunately, times have changed & the hotel is old & tired.

They have a complimentary breakfast - it used to be delicious quiches, homemade turkey & green chile croissants, fresh seasonal fruit and delicious flaky pastries. Now it's overripe bananas, underripe melon, flavorless frittata and stale pastries that look like they are the leftovers from La Quinta.

They used to leave complimentary bottles of water in the room along with lovely soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and scented candles. Now they leave only shampoo and lotion. There are no refrigerators in the rooms. Good luck with your hair dryers & the heat lamps in the bathrooms.

Obviously they are cutting costs and not investing in the facility. The exercise facility consists of a broken treadmill and elliptical machine in a moldy, musty basement room. Yuck.

Hotel rooms still have the same tiny bathrooms and ancient air conditioning. You have a choice of being blasted with the A/C vent (which is aimed squarely at your bed) or suffering through no air flow at all. Apparently this New Mexico hotel has decided not to go with ceiling fans.

This used to be a fabulous place. I hope the new owners and management figure out how to fix the very serious problems so that we can return in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank KimABerry
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

The Inn continues to be owned and managed by the original owner of 28 years, while I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your 3 days at the Inn, perhaps your experience was influenced by that incorrect belief.

We did discontinue the quiches with the addition of other frequently requested hot items, however; as of 2 weeks ago we are serving quiche on the weekend, responding to popular demand.
The Frittata's have been purchased by the same vendor since 2011 and pastries and fruit are fresh daily. We do serve a ham and chile croissant, though the not the turkey as the ham is more popular.

While I am sure it is frustrating to find a piece of equipment out of order, the treadmill was purchased new in the past 6 months.
The gym does have a stationary bike, elliptic walker, weights and universal weight machine, the room also has a large window to the exterior.