“Nice hotel near the Santa Fe Plaza and Canyon Road art galleries”
Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I spent 2 nights here earlier this month with hiking with a small group. I had a Traditional Room with 2 queen beds. I found the hotel to be comfortable and quiet, and it is close to the historic Santa Fe Plaza and Canyon Road art galleries.

There is no restaurant per say; however, the hotel provides a nice nightly happy hour with beer, wine, cheese and veggies. Also included is a very nice breakfast buffet, which is much higher quality than the usual hotel buffet.

My one complaint with the hotel is the provided computer and Internet connection for guest use. The computer, monitor, printer, keyboard and mouse are relegated to a small, cheap and very cramped stand. Also, the Internet connection was very slow. Surely a hotel of this caliber could afford better equipment and a high speed connection. It really seemed out of place with the rest of the facilities.

I would not hesitate to recommend Inn on the Alameda or to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AustinWhitewater
Write a ReviewReviews (2,462)

Reviewed 14 September 2010

The Inn is less than 1/2 mile from the plaza and all kinds of restaurants. Canyon Road gallery hopping is virtually across the street. The buffet breakfast was much better than average and the daily wine and cheese happy hour was a pleasant opportuntity to meet other guests. My only complaint is the awful TV reception, but there's too much to do in Santa Fe to be watching TV anyway.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed C
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This is our 4th stay in 7 years and once it again it was absolutely wonderful. The inn staff are always smiling, have great recomendations, and are helpful in everyway. We were upgraded to a king suite, so that was a very pleasant surprise. Our room was spotless and quiet, both very important to us. This is an older hotel, so the bathroom was not as large as new properties, and the showers not as fancy, but it was comfortable for 2 people and had plenty of storage for toiletries.

Breakfast was a continental breakfast with 2 choices of a hot dish each morning, a frittata or a stuffed croisant. We had both and they were good. Lots of pastries to choose from, some we liked , some we didn't, but plenty of choices and variety, so if you can't find one you like, then you're just too picky. Granola was great, and additionally, fresh fruit, juices, coffees, lattes, etc, plus bagels, and other breads, so you won't go hungry.

Happy hour is always a highlight, the best Sangria ever. Charlie the bartender is wonderful, and always remembers you and your drink of choice. A nice selection of complimentary wines/beer to choose from and cheese, breads, and other appetizers as well.

We asked the concierge to make our dinner reservations for all 4 nights, all were done , our tables were great and their restaurant recommendations outstanding.

All in all a perfect stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindaFranklin_Tn_
Reviewed 9 September 2010

When researching Santa Fe for a nice hotel, I decided that The Encantado Resort was the place. That was until the rates showed on my reservation form (jaw dropping, more expensive than the L.A. hotels I go to [Hotel Bel Air, The Beverly Hills Hotel, Four Seasons]), and there was no way I was spending that kind of money to stay in the middle of nowhere, be it trendy Santa Fe !

All great reports directed me to the Inn on the Alameda, and I am glad they did.

To be honest, I was expecting something slightly more upscale than the 3+ star I rate it, a little less traditional. So I was perhaps slightly disappointed when I checked in. Then I realized that the place was 1/ well thought, 2/ sturdy, 3/ beautifully located, 4/ practicing a great customer policy.

The several buildings make for nice atmosphere. There is ample parking, and enough garden. The traffic is muffled. The rooms are on the large size, with eXcellent bedding, and overall good amenities. The staff is professional and involved, caring about the customer well being and satisfaction (great comments about our pre-booked restaurants, and great amount of work to change them for better).

The location cannot be beat. So close to everything, yet out of the crowd. Previous reviewers have heavily commented on this already.

Rates are not cheap upfront. Then I understood the whole Santa Fe area is vastly overpriced, and realized value for money was great here. Even outside the added perks : A- parking seems to be tough, and everyone would end up paying at least a $25 dollar fee, because there would be no alternative. Yet, parking is free. B- Many would walk to some coffe house for breakfast, ond others would end up paying for it on premises. Well it is included in the rate, and very nicely executed (great choice, fresh, tasty). C- The wine and cheese party seems to be a winner among all reviewers ; I must admit it is a nice touch. It is the proof that the owners, beyond their job of hotel keepers, like their customers, mind for them and not for nickel-and-diming them.

A very, very good stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank PASCAL H
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Inn on the Alameda is quiet and elegant, with a great location midway between the Plaza and Canyon Road. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and very clean, as are the lobby and other public areas. The continental breakfast, which is included, is substantial, varied, and delicious, and the complimentary wine and hors-d'oeuvres in the afternoon are a nice treat. Parking is ample and free, the staff is friendly and helpful, and it was lovely to be welcomed by the Inn's owner and his dignified standard poodle. Of the five hotels we've stayed in during our many vists to Santa Fe (La Fonda, The Inn at Loretto, La Posada, El Corazon de Santa Fe), The Inn on the Alameda is our favorite.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank DHBall
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Santa Fe was "calling" me. I booked everything on-line for our Sister-Trip. I wanted to stay at a place with charm, but not a B & B. The Innn on Alameda was perfect. Ambiance, perfect location, and added perks. We loved the Wine & Cheese hour everyday at 4 PM. So nice to relax and visit after a day of exploring the charming town. Breakfast was nice as well. I didn't see another place in Santa Fe that I would prefer to stay. I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank CatherineB5
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I was just on Tripadvisor looking for a hotel in another city, and I thought, "I wish I could find one just like Inn on the Alameda". It has a southwest character & is quiet & peaceful and in a wonderful convenient location. It is a little more expensive than I usually pay for a hotel, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends