Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground parkinggreat locationrestaurant upstairspresidential suitehalf blockwet barwood burningnew mexicocharming hotelsitting areaking bedliving roommain plazahistoric plazamini fridgechillifireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Our stay was very pleasant and the hotel staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Kevin Herbst made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cbouts
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We generally stay in chain hotels near the freeway but the plaza in Sante Fe is the main attraction for tourists so we were exicited to find such a nice hotel a few steps from the plaza with a room available. Directly across the street from the Governor's Palace and next door to the famous Inn of the Anazazi, this artistically appointed hotel had a quiet courtyard, cozy and clean rooms, gracious and helpful staff, and inviting lobby. I would especially like to return in the winter. The bar area was inviting, and most appreciated was the fact that your car can be safely parked in the hotel garage. The parking is fee parking but to see all the shopping areas you never have to take the car. A few steps away was the wonderful Burrito Company which had an extensive lunch menu with great prices. I loved the hotel, even the sheets made me feel like I was being pampered. The atmosphere and design reminded me of some of the French Quarter Hotels I have enjoyed. The overall ambience was most delightful. Paula B. Brenham,TX

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank paulaBrenham_tx
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We had a very pleasant 2 night stay at the boutique hotel while traveling through New Mexico. We found good rates over the internet, the staff was very helpful, both in making our travel plans, as well as during our stay. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the location is just 2 short blocks to the Plaza. The suite was very spacious. Many restaurants and shops are within a short walking distance and the lounge was a pleasant place to unwind at night.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank alashas
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I stayed two nights at the Plaza Real, in room 207. The room is a great two-area "suite" without any partition between the sitting area and the sleeping area. It has a little deck that faces a street/parking lot. It has two (old/non-flatscreen) TVs and a nice big, comfy bed. The hotel provides Aveda bath products, which are nice. Room 207's bathroom is rather small, but works fine and has a sink outside the bathroom.

The hotel's best feature is its location, which is right off the central plaza in old Santa Fe. It's perfect for walking to and from shops, restaurants, museums, etc...

The hotel didn't provide much in the way of amenities. Coffee in the lobby in the morning, but breakfast has to be purchased. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but recommend highly Cafe Pasqual's which is a short walk away and FANTASTIC. Parking in the hotel lot cost $14/night. They said there was free high speed internet, but my computer was never able to connect.

The staff was polite and nice. They moved me from a ground level room to an upstairs one, because I did not want my window right on the sidewalk. Room 207 is reached by several sets of stairs, so you should only request it if you can get up and down stairs easily.

I would definitely return to the Hotel Plaza Real!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank hotelgirl111
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I have stayed at this hotel at least three times in the past three years. This last visit in early June was the best ever. Carlos checked me in and was most accomodating of my needs. The place is beautiful and clean...so very convenient to the Plaza. I will go back and I will tell friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business