“style, a great breakfast and a very good location, for a very good price”

Santa Fe Motel & Inn
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After staying at many places in Santa Fe, this is terrific and you don't have to stay 3 nights ,like so many places with good prices. the breakfast really is awesome and some very special touches all the way around. the staff is friendly and attentive.

4  Thank 331deb

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at this motel in December 2013. Our room was a casita room with working fireplace. The room was clean, spacious, well equipped and best of all the room was real Santa Fe style . The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was healthy and delicious with plenty of choices. This motel is really good value for money.
The location of the motel is easy walking distance to town and other good restaurants nearby
We would definately stay here again

Room Tip: casita rooms with fireplace are a bit special
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan1_JB
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here over the New Year's holiday a year ago. We loved our room and found the location easy walking distance to the Plaza and other attractions. The breakfasts were excellent quality. It felt very much like a friendly B&B to us rather than a more impersonal motel. The manager gave us very good recommendations for restaurants and made reservations for us.

On New Year's day, after we had checked out of our room and were making our last walk-about around Santa Fe, my wife slipped and fell in the Plaza and badly broke her left forearm. I called the Inn from the hospital, as my wife needed rest from the trauma and we had no place to stay. Our own room was taken, but the owners gave us an upstairs suite where we stayed for two nights at half price! The owner and manager were unbelievably kind and generous with their support and service during this time of hardship for us.

2  Thank Christian E
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The motel is close to the centre - a pleasant 10 minute stroll from the main plaza. Room was well equipped with a kitchenette (with kettle - great for tea drinkers!) and large sofa. Front desk staff were full of helpful information about local attractions and restaurants. We ate at two within a few minutes walk - nice not to have to drive to eat out.
Breakfast was excellent with cereals, eggs, fruit, cinnamon rolls, toast etc

Room Tip: Room 14 had a kitchenette plus separate sitting room and bedroom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

For the price in Santa Fe, you're not gonna beat the Santa Fe Motel and Inn. Great location, nice amenities. Very close to the train station, easy walk to downtown. I thought it was strange that when booking the hotel, the reservation page said $89/night, but the bill came to $112. I understand there are service charges and taxes, but I explained to them that when you check out online, or go to a register in a store, they tell you the total cost BEFORE they charge you, and I suggested he change it. Instead, he gave me a smart aleck response about contacting the Tax and Revenue department in Santa Fe with a phone number and mailing address. Totally unnecessary considering that I was trying to offer constructive advice. He was very nice to my face when I arrived to check in, but I was initially very peeved and worried that my response might have caused him to refuse me service. The poor behavior and uncertainty sort of soured me on their motel, however, everything else was very nice.

Room Tip: I chose the least expensive one bed room, and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank ehren7
Angela H, Owner at Santa Fe Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I am sorry that your strained communication and misunderstanding with the manager over the required city taxes and charges created a blemish on your otherwise perfect stay at the Santa Fe Motel &Inn. Notwithstanding the blemish we thank you for complimenting us on the reasonableness of our room rate as well as our superb location and the overall pleasant experience. In the hospitality industry whether that be New York City, San Francisco or Miami, room rates are most commonly quoted without taxes and city charges included. While a misunderstanding regarding the inclusion of city taxes and charges is a very rare occurrence, we will take your suggestions and try to make it more clear that the room rate does not include city taxes and charges. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Nice motel and the staff are very friendly and want to make sure you have a good stay. The rooms are clean and the beds are average. The breakfast is good and has a great variety to choose from. Bernadette was awesome and got me the best price for our 3 night stay. Thanks again Bernadette !!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My friend and I had a wonderful birthday weekend in Santa Fe. The hotel is a very special place--conveniently located, great price, charming room, yummy full breakfast in an intimate breakfast room to share with other travelers. The staff is wonderful--welcoming, knowledgable and very gracious.

This was my second stay and I will return. Don't miss out on this charming place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends