“I wish I could live here always”

Santa Fe Motel and Inn
Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Salt Lake City, Utah
“I wish I could live here always”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in a casita here with my partner in May and loved every minute. Everyone was kind and caring, especially Cristine, who fussed over us at breakfast just like family. More recently, in July, a solo trip to Santa Fe went sideways and I had to change plans in a hurry. In the middle of high season, I doubted I could find a room at the inn, but lo, I did, and it felt like a refuge -- because it is. I plan on nothing but good trips to Santa Fe henceforth and will only stay here because of how good the people are. Oh, and the breakfasts and location are stellar, too, the beds comfy, the bedding like something you'd have at home, not in a hotel. What can I say, the joint's a gem, and I'm picky!

Room Tip: Casita #22 has a private patio with a gate you can lock for privacy and faces a little alley that is...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank P A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. Great location within walking distance of plaza. Lovely accommodations and accoutrements. Service highly efficient and friendly. Breakfast is homemade not out of a bag like most. Excellent value especially in SF. Almost didn't want to share because it's such a great find!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank ChefJ_11
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I loved everything about this little motel, from the thoughtfully arranged room to the delicious free breakfast. Staff members were friendly and efficient. Well-located, too: Just a few blocks from the Plaza. Megan STL

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Meg S
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at the Santa Fe Motel and Inn the last week of June 2014. I found the staff to be friendly and very helpful. Ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful with information, and Christine prepares a wonderful breakfast! Additionally, there was a small "hic-up" in regards to my credit card billing and the manager came in at 10:00 p.m. on a Saturday night to make sure that it was taken care of prior to my check-out the following day. The inn itself is very charming and has many personal touches added. Wonderful location!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank D K
Kingsport, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I visited Santa Fe for our Anniversary and we could not have been any more pleased with our choice of hotel. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast made by Christine with LOVE! We stayed for 6 nights and made many side trips with their guidance. Their reccommendations and directions could not have been any better. Very well located to navigate the area. Rooms were very comfortable and extremely quiet. Will return if we are ever in Santa Fe again.

JohnK

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John K
Edinburg, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband & I took our 5-month-old daughter to Santa Fe for the first time this Summer. This is our first time staying at the Santa Fe Motel & Inn as our usual hotel was booked for the two nights we planned on being in town. This was a perfect alternative, & we will probably make it our new go-to place in Santa Fe.
Ramiro is a wonderful manager for this establishment. He was so courteous & friendly--definitely made us feel welcomed. He has lots of info if you've never visited before--provides a good walking map for all the popular places in downtown & surrounding areas. That's the best thing we found about this motel--it's so close to everything. We drove, but only because it made it easier for us to ride back with bags + baby.
The rooms are cozy & charming. We loved the nice touches like the red chiles on top of the hand towels. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms are spaced out well, too.
Breakfast was wonderful--not just a typical breakfast, but hot items like oatmeal, eggs, sausage, & tortillas. The cooking staff was also very friendly. We looked forward to coming into the main dining room while we were there. Looking forward to our next visit. Oh, & it is baby approved. There is no elevator, so consider that if you are having to take up lots of personal belongings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank thereeds_2704
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The place is a green oasis, just lovely. Everyone was so nice and friendly. Breakfast was great - included wonderful breads from the Sage Bakehouse across the street. Just on the edge of the walkable downtown and the more open, sunny, wider streets beyond, which makes it easy to walk to/from and easy to drive to/from. The Railroad yard development 2 blocks away is really great too. Don't miss the farmers market!

Room Tip: I did not see an elevator so the first floor might be better for some. There were lots of steps up...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family