Inn at Vanessie
Santa Fe Motel & Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Inn and Spa at Loretto(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Pool
Old Santa Fe Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$152
Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$103
Comfort Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$181
US$261
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$137
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$247
US$195
Travelocity
  • Pool
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
US$664
US$624
All reviewspiano bardoug montgomeryday bedcontinental breakfastprivate courtyardshort walkwithin walking distancehot tubother guestscomfortable bedsanta fe stylekiva fireplacefew blocksyogurtboutique hotelfour nightsthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I went to Santa Fe for her birthday. I had decided to try a boutique hotel instead of the usual glossy soulless big hotel. The Vanessie was one of my best decisions. My wife and I both loved the place. The rooms were spacious, and in our case had a whole separate sitting area grouped around the wood burning fireplace. We were there in November and really enjoyed the fires.
For a small boutique facility, the common rooms were quite impressive. There is a good-sized restaurant, which is evidently quite popular because it was full most of the nights we were there. Since there are only a few rooms (17 I think) most of the patrons of the restaurant were not guests. In addition, there was a large bar-lounge area, which also attracts locals, with a grand piano. The two nights we went in there was a terrific piano player/singer who did requests, interacted with the audience and was a lot of fun.
The hotel is about three blocks from the beginning of the real downtown area, which is perfect.
If we go back to Santa Fe (and we probably will) we will definitely stay at the Inn at Vanessie

Room Tip: We had room 4, which was very spacious. Excellent temperature control, and on the ground floor. There is no elevator so older folks should specify first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles G
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I traveled to Santa Fe in late October and booked a suite at the Vanessie for the weekend. Santa Fe is a favorite travel destination for us, so we have experience with a number of the hotels around town. The Inn at Vanessie provided a fabulous boutique hotel experience of the kind I look for in Santa Fe. Even though we booked at a third-party travel site, the price was higher than we would usually pay to stay in the area. However, it was a weekend and things were filling up, so we booked the suite anyway. Despite the cost, we were not disappointed. Our suite, the Navajo Room, consisted of a sitting room and separate bedroom. The sitting room was equipped with two comfortable chairs and ottomans as well as a flat screen TV. The bedroom offered one of the most comfortable king beds I've ever experienced (somehow it seemed larger?), a fireplace which we did not use, and another TV. The entire suite was beautifully and tastefully appointed with elegant (not kitschy) Santa Fe-style furnishings. Both rooms had lovely viga ceilings, hardwood floors, and nice lighting. The bathroom was large and modern yet with a rustic feel that is entirely appropriate to the environment. The only very minor criticisms I can make are that there was no full-length mirror and the bathroom lighting was a little dark for make-up etc. Although the shower was huge with great water pressure, our particular room did not have a tub (if that's something that matters to you). I would also note that our room was on the second floor, which in this case was accessed via an outside wood staircase that some might find difficult to negotiate with luggage. On the other hand, I liked that all room doors require a security code for access.

As this is a smaller boutique-style hotel, you won't find a lot of amenities here. Each room is given a key to the hot tub, but we did not use it. This was fine by us, but if you are looking for fitness centers and pools, go elsewhere. What Vanessie does so well is provide lovely and comfortable rooms just a short walk from the Plaza. A free continental breakfast is included as well. I have read other reviews here regarding disappointment in the breakfast. We did eat the breakfast one day. My biggest gripe is that there is such a small window for breakfast-- 8AM to 9:30-- and that the check-in info requests that you call if you won't be coming to breakfast. We went at around 9:15 and found only a small amount of scrambled eggs left, no bacon, a little sausage, and a few pastries. If breakfast is important to you (it's not really a big deal for us), then you should be happy it's free here, as that's unusual in this area. I would personally recommend trying one of the many great restaurants in the area instead.

Overall, the Inn at Vanessie was a great experience and we would stay here again. Although the list price here will consistently look higher than some others in the area, keep in mind that most hotels in this area charge either a parking or resort fee that runs anywhere from $20 to $30 or more on top of the room rate and tax. The Vanessie does not do this, which I appreciate. (Oh, do bear in mind that parking is really tight.)

Room Tip: I've only stayed in this one room. I expect all are nice, but for those who are older or have mobility problems, definitely book on the first floor.
1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My best friend and I congregated in Santa Fe for our once a year Momma retreat. We stayed in the Tesuque Room at the Inn... very quiet and private. From the first hour of arrival.. built a fire, unpacked into ample closets and drawers, stepped over to the lounge ordered some light fare from the dining room which was promptly delivered to our door. More of the little things that made our stay so comfy: coffee maker with Starbucks coffee, bottle waters ( free) two snuggly beds, plush bath towels, luxury toiletries, tons of music stations, "Emergen C" vitamin packets ( how very thoughtful) The enclosed patio goes pretty perfectly with strong coffee on a chilly Fall morning. Saturday am, we enjoyed fresh berries all kinds of baked goods, AWESOME coffee in the dining room with made to order omelets. DEE-LISH! Super close to the Plaza and all of our favorite dining diggs. Parking was just a few feet from our room... no fuss! The staff was very friendly and accommodating We will be back in the spring! This is the new tradition! THANK YOU Vanessie and Hideko for the Best Santa Fe experience yet!

Room Tip: Tesuque Room perfect for a couple of friends or a couple, beautifully appointed. Quiet, sunny in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mamaretreat
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was our second stay at the Inn. My husband and I loved it so much we went back and stayed 3 nights in our same room "The Gallisteo" a courtyard King room. We loved it just as much if not more this trip! The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The room is beautifully decorated and has a rustic Santa Fe vibe. The four poster king bed is extremely comfortable and we slept great. The thick adobe walls keep the rooms extra quite from outside noise. Extras we love about the room are the fireplace... we had fires every night and they provide the wood. The back door opens to a lovely furnished sunroom great for afternoon reading and sipping wine! The sunroom opens to a private little fountain courtyard which is perfect for our little Shiba Inu to relax and get some fresh air. Breakfast is provided each morning in the dining room and they put out a delicious spread, their signature scrambled green chile eggs, yum! Also loved the assortment of fresh berries, yogurt, granola and bagels.... something for everyone!
We always know where we are going to stay when we go to Santa Fe.

1  Thank Dana C
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a one night stop in Santa Fe. It was absolutely great. The hotel is a little difficult to find (It is in West Water Street which is dissected by the Hilton so there are 2 parts to the road and the hotel is in the far western part father road). The location is fantastic just 2 blocks from the old town centre. Our arrival was very welcoming. The room was very clean, absolutely beautiful and spacious and the bathroom and shower delightful. We had the ground floor corner room nearest the restaurant. We had a fireplace with wood log fire, which we used in the evening. The bed was sumptuously comfortable. Breakfast was continental. We had dinner in the restaurant listening to a live pianist. The menu was varied and full of choice I had elk and my wife had scampi shrimp. Both meals were delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the reception complex with a fire.