Inn at Vanessie
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$216
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$257
US$248
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$237
  • Restaurant
US$334
US$313
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$159
Agoda.com
Villas de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$172
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$69
EconoLodge
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$181
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Homewood Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$191
All reviewspiano bardoug montgomeryday bedcontinental breakfastprivate courtyardshort walkwithin walking distancehot tubother guestscomfortable bedsanta fe stylekiva fireplacefew blocksyogurtboutique hotelfour nightsthe entire staff
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This property is not bad, but make sure you verify that everything in your room is working during the day, because there is no onsite support after about 5 pm. I realized this the hard way when I checked in for a business trip in the morning and didn't get back to my room until evening and realized my T.V. wasn't working. No where to go, no where to hide for any support, so had a quiet night staring at the ceiling. Also, I booked two rooms for my company, since an employee was traveling with me. The property only had one reservation recorded, but fortunately had another room available. The office manager had apparently just overlooked the other reservation. Mind you, this property has about 11 rooms total, so you wouldn't think it would be hard to keep track. Finally, the room I received was about half the size of the one my employee received and you would think that since I'm paying for the room, I would have received the larger one. I'm happy that my employee got a great room and no big deal, but not exactly a best practice from a business perspective. The property has a nice bar and restaurant associated with it, so overall worth checking out, but don't expect 5-star service or amenities as many have reported.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We visit Santa Fe often are delighted to have discovered Vanessie recently. Our room was large, with a working fireplace, comfortable bed, bath robes, heat you can easily control and comfortable chairs for reading. The included breakfast served in the restaurant was healthy and a nice variety to chose from. This B&B is a very good value, located a pleasant three block walk from the Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here the other night and found it to be an adorable little inn in the heart of downtown of Santa Fe. Super cute! Charming! Rooms are well appointed Santa Fe Style-- had nice bathroom amenities-- and a great wood burning kiva fireplace to burn a nice, crisp fire in the evenings. Really sweet-- with a nice little patio/courtyard, as well. We even stayed on an additional night, as it was so cozy and sweet (and I actually only live about 1/2 hr away in south Santa Fe). The only disappointment was with the lackadaisical bartender at their little piano bar on the property. My son and I were having a drink at the bar, listening to the piano player play when we decided we might want to much on something while sitting there. We glanced at the menu and were told to hurry if we wanted any food, as the kitchen was closing in just a few minutes. My son was feeling under the weather a bit (age 23), but he thought a little food might help--so he ordered the beet and goat cheese salad with a side of their delicious cheese grits for himself. I ordered the elk tenderloin (medium rare), in hopes that I might be able to coax my son into having a bite or two of mine. The bartender returned with the food and it was quite good. No complaints. He had had my tenderloin 'split' up on to two separate plates-- which I didn't ask him to do, but really didn't mind, as I was hoping my son might have a bite or two anyway. When the bill came I saw that I was charged $41 for my elk rather than the $36 that was posted on the menu... and that my Chopin vodka martini was $16.50 rather than the $14.50 I had paid for the same drink the evening before while sitting in the same seat at the same bar. Hm? A little perplexing. So-- I very nicely asked the bartender what the discrepancy was. He just said-- "Oh, yeah. I split it on to two plates (which I did not ask him to do) and therefore you owe an additional $6-- and as far as the martini goes I guess I charge more than the other bartender does for Chopin vodka-- so you owe another additional $2. I didn't argue with the man... I just thanked him, as I was going to be paying the same amount no matter how he wanted to divy it all up and dispense it among which workers there (him, the cook, busboy, owner, or whomever). Out of pocket was the same for me either way It all came to the same as I was concerned. I guess he only got an $8 tip from me rather than $16 (the other $8 went to whatever it was he was talking about). I used to bartend and wait tables, too, so-- I know how it goes. Maybe he just works for fun--( a way to get out of the house on weekend nights) not sure. Or maybe he felt bad for the proprietors who had to pay the cook a lot of extra $$ to place the elk slices on two plates rather than just one--- I dunno. Actually, it saved me $$ in the long run, as I'd normally have left at least a 20-25% tip---- only left 15% this time-- and most did not even go to him. C'est la vie ;)

The guy working at the front office was a very nice young man-- very friendly. Not sure if he was the same guy who was on the phone with me when I attempted to book a room there or not, but-- I must say, here, too, lay yet another price discrepancy. Wth?? When I went to book the room (just a fun night in SFe-- no business to do) I tried to go through the hotel directly, but the reservationist there said the best he could do for the EXACT same room was $240 per night. So-- needless to say I booked the room for only $132 on Expedia.com. Again, doesn't really matter to me who get's my cash. It's just soo odd when they do that. Whatever it is that works for them-- works for me, I guess. I also used to be a hotel reservationist. Whatever!

Anyway-- all in all it's a nice little inn in SFe!! But-- my advice would be not to book directly through them (I saved over $240 by going through a middle-man, Expedia, rather than booking directly through them)-- and do take the extra 20 seconds to look at your bar tab.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stay for 4 days and had a wonderfull experience in this Inn.
It is located in downtown, our room was really nicely decorated and the chiminie was a mayor plus.
All staff is very nice and service outstanding.
Every night we enjoy live music at the bar grabbing the spirit of this artistic city.
Really recommend this little boutique hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've been to Santa Fe seven or eight times, each time staying somewhere new. I felt that I would eventually find the local charm, coupled with modern amenities, that Santa Fe seemed to promise.

And finally I've found that place. Vanessie is a stone's throw from the Plaza and the wonderful few blocks surrounding it, so its location is just about perfect - and as close to silent as an Inn can get.

The room was comfortable, artfully-decorated, with a vast and comfortable King four-poster. Nothing seemed out of place, and it a log fire was a welcome luxury. In order to sound somewhat objective, I'll note that the semi-outdoor hot tub didn't seem to have seen light this side of the year 2000, but it was fine once we brushed it off a little.

We had dinner in the restaurant, and everything that other reviewers say about the quality of the food and the entertainment is true - it was cheesy, contrived, and awesome fun. The food was excellent, particularly the scallops which were toasted to perfection.

This seems to me like the kind of place that visitors will return to time and again. It has that sense of being a home-away-from-home. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple