“This hotel is the best!!”
Review of Inn at Vanessie

Inn at Vanessie
Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fort Worth, Texas
“This hotel is the best!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We initially planned on staying here one night and ended up staying five!! I usually stay at another high end hotel on the plaza, but will stay here from now on when I visit Santa Fe. The room was fabulous, the breakfast great, the staff fantastic. I just can't say enough how great this hotel is. The price is very reasonable for the quality of this place.
Brian and Lisa

1 Thank Lisa A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We've stayed at the Inn three times now, in three different rooms. All are beautifully decorated, have charming working fireplaces, and wonderful spacious baths. Vanessie serves a fine breakfast as part of the deal, with omelets each morning this year. Location is great, walking distance to all the shops and sights around the Santa Fe Plaza.

Room Tip: Use the Inn's website to view each room. they're very distinct because of the high style of...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just back from a January stay - the crackling piñon fire in our room's kiva was so welcoming. Our room was very comfortable and tastefully designed. The bed was luxuriously comfortable and the bathroom was lovely and spacious. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast at Vanessie's each morning in the beautiful Patio room was made to order and delicious. We also had dinner there one night and enjoyed Doug Montgomery in the Piano Bar and had a perfectly prepared meal. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This property is not bad, but make sure you verify that everything in your room is working during the day, because there is no onsite support after about 5 pm. I realized this the hard way when I checked in for a business trip in the morning and didn't get back to my room until evening and realized my T.V. wasn't working. No where to go, no where to hide for any support, so had a quiet night staring at the ceiling. Also, I booked two rooms for my company, since an employee was traveling with me. The property only had one reservation recorded, but fortunately had another room available. The office manager had apparently just overlooked the other reservation. Mind you, this property has about 11 rooms total, so you wouldn't think it would be hard to keep track. Finally, the room I received was about half the size of the one my employee received and you would think that since I'm paying for the room, I would have received the larger one. I'm happy that my employee got a great room and no big deal, but not exactly a best practice from a business perspective. The property has a nice bar and restaurant associated with it, so overall worth checking out, but don't expect 5-star service or amenities as many have reported.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Monticello, New Mexico
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We visit Santa Fe often are delighted to have discovered Vanessie recently. Our room was large, with a working fireplace, comfortable bed, bath robes, heat you can easily control and comfortable chairs for reading. The included breakfast served in the restaurant was healthy and a nice variety to chose from. This B&B is a very good value, located a pleasant three block walk from the Plaza.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here the other night and found it to be an adorable little inn in the heart of downtown of Santa Fe. Super cute! Charming! Rooms are well appointed Santa Fe Style-- had nice bathroom amenities-- and a great wood burning kiva fireplace to burn a nice, crisp fire in the evenings. Really sweet-- with a nice little patio/courtyard, as well. We even stayed on an additional night, as it was so cozy and sweet (and I actually only live about 1/2 hr away in south Santa Fe). The only disappointment was with the lackadaisical bartender at their little piano bar on the property. My son and I were having a drink at the bar, listening to the piano player play when we decided we might want to much on something while sitting there. We glanced at the menu and were told to hurry if we wanted any food, as the kitchen was closing in just a few minutes. My son was feeling under the weather a bit (age 23), but he thought a little food might help--so he ordered the beet and goat cheese salad with a side of their delicious cheese grits for himself. I ordered the elk tenderloin (medium rare), in hopes that I might be able to coax my son into having a bite or two of mine. The bartender returned with the food and it was quite good. No complaints. He had had my tenderloin 'split' up on to two separate plates-- which I didn't ask him to do, but really didn't mind, as I was hoping my son might have a bite or two anyway. When the bill came I saw that I was charged $41 for my elk rather than the $36 that was posted on the menu... and that my Chopin vodka martini was $16.50 rather than the $14.50 I had paid for the same drink the evening before while sitting in the same seat at the same bar. Hm? A little perplexing. So-- I very nicely asked the bartender what the discrepancy was. He just said-- "Oh, yeah. I split it on to two plates (which I did not ask him to do) and therefore you owe an additional $6-- and as far as the martini goes I guess I charge more than the other bartender does for Chopin vodka-- so you owe another additional $2. I didn't argue with the man... I just thanked him, as I was going to be paying the same amount no matter how he wanted to divy it all up and dispense it among which workers there (him, the cook, busboy, owner, or whomever). Out of pocket was the same for me either way It all came to the same as I was concerned. I guess he only got an $8 tip from me rather than $16 (the other $8 went to whatever it was he was talking about). I used to bartend and wait tables, too, so-- I know how it goes. Maybe he just works for fun--( a way to get out of the house on weekend nights) not sure. Or maybe he felt bad for the proprietors who had to pay the cook a lot of extra $$ to place the elk slices on two plates rather than just one--- I dunno. Actually, it saved me $$ in the long run, as I'd normally have left at least a 20-25% tip---- only left 15% this time-- and most did not even go to him. C'est la vie ;)

The guy working at the front office was a very nice young man-- very friendly. Not sure if he was the same guy who was on the phone with me when I attempted to book a room there or not, but-- I must say, here, too, lay yet another price discrepancy. Wth?? When I went to book the room (just a fun night in SFe-- no business to do) I tried to go through the hotel directly, but the reservationist there said the best he could do for the EXACT same room was $240 per night. So-- needless to say I booked the room for only $132 on Expedia.com. Again, doesn't really matter to me who get's my cash. It's just soo odd when they do that. Whatever it is that works for them-- works for me, I guess. I also used to be a hotel reservationist. Whatever!

Anyway-- all in all it's a nice little inn in SFe!! But-- my advice would be not to book directly through them (I saved over $240 by going through a middle-man, Expedia, rather than booking directly through them)-- and do take the extra 20 seconds to look at your bar tab.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stay for 4 days and had a wonderfull experience in this Inn.
It is located in downtown, our room was really nicely decorated and the chiminie was a mayor plus.
All staff is very nice and service outstanding.
Every night we enjoy live music at the bar grabbing the spirit of this artistic city.
Really recommend this little boutique hotel.