I have stayed at this Inn a number of times over the past several years, and have always found it to be charming and the staff friendly. They recently expanded, opening a new building with a number of additional rooms. This time, I was quite disappointed. The attitude of the reception staff was unfriendly and uninterested. Rather than the intimacy of a B and B, it felt rather impersonal.
I arrived around 5pm on a Saturday and inquired about the lovely happy hour that used to be available at the bar area of the restaurant next door. Guests could have a glass of wine and hors d'oeuvres, and it was a very nice treat at the end of a day of sightseeing. This is no longer available.
Each room has a fireplace with wood and fire supplies, but there are no written instructions of any kind re how to open the flue and so on. I wanted to make a fire but was afraid to. There was a problem with a flickering lightbulb in the bathroom and the printed directions one receives at check in say to inquire at the restaurant (which is located next door and serves breakfast for the Inn in the am) if no one is available in the office, so I asked when I went to get some ice . The guy at the bar in the restaurant said, " I just make drinks." He didn't seem to have any idea how guests at the Inn might be able to get questions answered.
I waited until the morning and asked in the office and was told the bulb would be replaced, but later that night it started flickering again. The water in my bathroom sink actually took about 3 minutes to get warm, which was quite strange.
The Inn advertises that there is free wifi available throughout the property, and I looked forward to that because I remembered that during previous stays there was virtually no cell reception at all in the courtyard rooms, which are my favorites. I followed the directions for the wifi and not only was the signal too weak to connect , I was mostly unable to do much even using the cellphone's own data because the reception was so poor.
After having enjoyed some wonderful stays at this Inn in the past, including a special birthday weekend a few years ago when my friends and family took over almost every room, I am sad to say that the next time I'm in town I will look for a different place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn at Vanessie is an award winning, authentic adobe Inn located two blocks to the Plaza area. The 11 spacious rooms are exquisitely appointed with southwest art, artifacts and textures. Amenities include private baths, fireplaces, TV/VCR/DVD, CD players, wireless internet access, telephone with voice mail, hair dryers and robes. The stunning suites have private gardens with fountains and sun rooms. Fantastic jacuzzi, happy hour at our bar Vanessie -- an Inn with a fun atmosphere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Inn at Vanessie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Vanessie Hotel Santa Fe
- Inn At Vanessie Santa Fe, New Mexico