“Santa Fe's best kept secret.”
Review of Inn at Vanessie

Inn at Vanessie
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We LOVED this property. Staff was awesome.. Location was fantastic... Room was more comfy than home. We would give them 6 stars if we could!! They are located walking distance from the plaza and the fireplaces make the ambience so peaceful!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Eetw

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the understated luxury of this place. The rooms were beautifully appointed, the bed was very comfortable, and the linens were divine. The location was great! Close to everything! The only issues we had were the lack of a bathtub mat ( bathtub very slippery and has a strange layout) and also, we could hear every noise from the neighboring room. Complimentary breakfast is a lovely gesture. However, it could have been more enjoyable if it was vegan friendly.

Room Tip: Close to everything.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at this Inn a number of times over the past several years, and have always found it to be charming and the staff friendly. They recently expanded, opening a new building with a number of additional rooms. This time, I was quite disappointed. The attitude of the reception staff was unfriendly and uninterested. Rather than the intimacy of a B and B, it felt rather impersonal.
I arrived around 5pm on a Saturday and inquired about the lovely happy hour that used to be available at the bar area of the restaurant next door. Guests could have a glass of wine and hors d'oeuvres, and it was a very nice treat at the end of a day of sightseeing. This is no longer available.
Each room has a fireplace with wood and fire supplies, but there are no written instructions of any kind re how to open the flue and so on. I wanted to make a fire but was afraid to. There was a problem with a flickering lightbulb in the bathroom and the printed directions one receives at check in say to inquire at the restaurant (which is located next door and serves breakfast for the Inn in the am) if no one is available in the office, so I asked when I went to get some ice . The guy at the bar in the restaurant said, " I just make drinks." He didn't seem to have any idea how guests at the Inn might be able to get questions answered.
I waited until the morning and asked in the office and was told the bulb would be replaced, but later that night it started flickering again. The water in my bathroom sink actually took about 3 minutes to get warm, which was quite strange.
The Inn advertises that there is free wifi available throughout the property, and I looked forward to that because I remembered that during previous stays there was virtually no cell reception at all in the courtyard rooms, which are my favorites. I followed the directions for the wifi and not only was the signal too weak to connect , I was mostly unable to do much even using the cellphone's own data because the reception was so poor.
After having enjoyed some wonderful stays at this Inn in the past, including a special birthday weekend a few years ago when my friends and family took over almost every room, I am sad to say that the next time I'm in town I will look for a different place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nancyb10
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at the Inn for 3 nights for our anniversary.We looked at alot of hotels and Inns in the Sante Fe area.The selling point of Vanessi was the proximity to the Plaza.We loved our room and the beds were AWESOME comfortable.
A real treat was the piano bar at the restaurant.It was fun and even had guests who stopped in to sing and play the piano.Food was great for breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Our room was a king suite .nice fireplace and jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We initially planned on staying here one night and ended up staying five!! I usually stay at another high end hotel on the plaza, but will stay here from now on when I visit Santa Fe. The room was fabulous, the breakfast great, the staff fantastic. I just can't say enough how great this hotel is. The price is very reasonable for the quality of this place.
Brian and Lisa

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We've stayed at the Inn three times now, in three different rooms. All are beautifully decorated, have charming working fireplaces, and wonderful spacious baths. Vanessie serves a fine breakfast as part of the deal, with omelets each morning this year. Location is great, walking distance to all the shops and sights around the Santa Fe Plaza.

Room Tip: Use the Inn's website to view each room. they're very distinct because of the high style of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just back from a January stay - the crackling piñon fire in our room's kiva was so welcoming. Our room was very comfortable and tastefully designed. The bed was luxuriously comfortable and the bathroom was lovely and spacious. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast at Vanessie's each morning in the beautiful Patio room was made to order and delicious. We also had dinner there one night and enjoyed Doug Montgomery in the Piano Bar and had a perfectly prepared meal. We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple