“The best place I've stayed in Santa Fe.”
Review of Inn at Vanessie

Inn at Vanessie
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
San Francisco
“The best place I've stayed in Santa Fe.”
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I've traveled to Santa Fe many times over the last four years to visit my daughter who has been in college there. Each time I've stayed at a different hotel, including some well known ones. I've never been inclined to return to any of them. I stumbled on the Water Street Inn during my next-to-the-last visit to Santa Fe and decided to book a room there on my next trip to see my daughter graduate. I was delighted with my stay there. The room was beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. Not only did they serve breakfast, they also hosted a wine and appetizer happy hour and left baked goodies in the room at night. I regret that I did not find the Water Street Inn sooner. Now that my daughter has graduated, I won't be needing to go to Santa Fe that frequently anymore. But then again, maybe I'll return just so I can stay at the Water Street Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sealwrangler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Seattle
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Beautiful rooms. Really--better than the pictures on the website. Romantic, well appointed, beautifully decorated, great furniture, fireplaces, and the beds are extremely comfortable. Personal service. Great value with the breakfast (get the oatmeal and the fruit is very good and fresh) and wine hour at 6. My only complaint: the coffee is weak.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Amarillo
Reviewed 22 April 2009

Both my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Water Street Inn. It's with in walking distance of the Plaza and great restaurants. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Treats on your bed every night! Terri C.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Milwaukee
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I stayed for three days in Room 1. Very spacious room with lots of natural light and track lighting, with a small patio, an easy walk to restaurants and the plaza. Checked in early, as I was told it was okay to do that, but the woman checking me in was clearly annoyed, however she did deliver breakfast to my room all three days right at 8 am as requested. The other staff were more personable and quite accomodating. The hot tub area and gathering room were kind of dirty and untidy. The furniture in the room, like bed, desk, armoire are quite knicked up, but functional. Turn down service with a dessert was a treat, as was wine and appetizers. I had a good rate due to the off season I presume so it was a good value but do not think I would want to stay if summer rates were in effect.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Lubbock
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Staying two blocks from the plaza for $100 a night was the attraction, just got better once we arrived. Innkeepers are gracious, baked brie at afternoon reception is not to be missed. We enjoyed meeting other guests, the hot tub, and breakfast/afternoon reception each day. Highly recommend staying at Water Street, know that we will return.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 24 March 2009

As a frequent visitor to Santa Fe, I know very well the overwhelming number of places to stay and the range of prices which unfortunately, seem to hover in the high end. The Water Street Inn was a great discovery due to its location-just off the plaza, its price-which was very reasonable within the Santa Fe range, the breakfast-simple, yet wonderful, the happy hour-complete with wine and snacks, and the super friendly and very accomodating staff. The room we stayed in was a delight, particularly the wood-burning kiva fireplace. Will I stay there again? Most certainly.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego California
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We loved the quaint Southwestern decor and friendly welcome of the Water Street Inn. Though our room was a tad small, it was clean and cozy and dripping with charm. With the Inn providing a hearty breakfast and generous happy hour, we made lunch our main meal of the day and appreciated the cost savings. It was fun, too, gathering in the kitchen during happy hour with other guests; we met several fascinating people. Our only disappointment with the Inn was that they've neglected the grounds. I found myself wishing for a broom, a rake and a pair of pruning shears to neaten up our patio area. It wouldn't take much to bring their outside areas up to par with the rest of the property.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple