“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Ontario, CA
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed in one of their casita's with a view of the golf course. Very clean unit with all the amenities we needed....comfy bed and decent washroom/shower. Only complaint would be the thin walls....could hear our neighbors conversations. Easy access to the highway.

The breakfast was pretty good...they tried to mix it up every day. We checked out one dinner but opted to eat in the casino instead.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ian D
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Homewood Suites property in Santa Fe. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the variety of breakfast offerings and that your room in one of our casitas was comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Hal Leonard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was here for a convention nearby and the facility is neat and clean. In fact considering there is a casino as part of it its sanitized clean - spotless in fact. This is an absolutely wonderful location. Quiet, spacious rooms, well furnished and maintained and we got a government rate. With my Gold membership - free wifi and breakfast so that removes the most frequent gouge fees out there - with them gone the stay was perfect in every way. The hotel food is wonderful too - the locals come here to eat on purpose - its usually the reverse where you want to get away from the hotel to where the locals eat. I can't say enough good things about this place - if you are in the area choose this place. I dont play golf but if I did that would be more reason to stay here. The staff are accommodating and friendly too. Nothing at all wrong with my experience and I would repeat next time I am in the area this is the go to place for me. There is nothing here not to love.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor and it was completely quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank AZbizguy
Dear AZbixguy,
You really made my day by taking the time to share your recent experience at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. You mentioned many great things about our resort, such as the location, cleanliness, quiet/spacious rooms, and wonderful food, however my favorite was our friendly and accommodating staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back, on your next visit to Santa Fe.
All the Best

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Our family of four stayed in the 2 queen bed superior suite, each room had a fireplace and balcony. It was a great stay, the check in was seamless and everyone on staff was very accommodating. The only one complaint I had was that we had dinner at the Turquoise Trail and the first game of the World Series was starting, we asked our server twice if they could switch the channel of one of the many TV's and was told yes but they never did it. After dinner we watched the game across the casino at the bar and it was very nice. We had a great time, the bartender and patrons were very friendly.

Room Tip: After reading the other reviews I was concerned about the room location. Our balcony overlooked the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 74Candy74
Dear74Candy74,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was so pleased to read about your great mini-vaction and that our staff was very accommodating. I look forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe on your next trip from Colorado Springs.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Two words of warning: Make sure your room is not on the left (West?) side of the hotel near the HVAC units. And check your sheets.
We had a gorgeous room with a huge balcony, but the HVAC units were so loud, there was no way to sit outside and enjoy the balcony or the views. Also, we were sharing the room with another couple, and their bedsheets were either still dirty or stained with that appeared to be lipstick. Housekeeping was quick to bring a clean set of sheets (change them out on our own).

On the plus side: The room was beautifully decorated, and the bathroom was huge. One small coffee pot for 4 adults was not enough. We ordered a pot of coffee in the morning, and 1 hour later cancelled it because it had yet to arrive!

The resort itself was great. Plenty to see and do. We had a good time and will return, but our expectations will be different, and we'll be a bit smarter this time around. Hope this helps someone else as well!

Room Tip: Ask if you'll be near the HVAC or generators. Very loud!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jo B
Dear Jo B,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that your room was beautifully decorated and that the resort was great with plenty to see and do. I was disappointed to hear however that your room was near one of the HVAC units used to cool and heat the property and that the noise didn't allow for full use of the balcony. Since you plan on returning, I hope that you will contact me personally, so that I can arrange for a room away from any outside disturbance. I have included my email for your reference.
Again, thanks for taking the time to share your comments.

Aurora, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I go to Albuquerque on business 5-7 times per year. Although this location is 75 minutes from where my business is conducted I prefer to stay at Buffalo Thunder. Great value. Onsite options for dining etc. Love it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank John B
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear John,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder and pointing out that we are your "Favorite Hilton Property". I have already shared your review at today's Staff Meeting and all of us are truly flattered that you travel such a long distance to stay at our resort. I hope that you will contact me personally prior to your next visit as I would enjoy meeting you.

Santa Fe, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a romantic getaway at the beautiful Hilton hotel at Buffalo Thunder. We saw a fabulous fashion show & enjoyed live music at the Turquiose Trail. The gorgeous Roman bath style pool & hot tub was a great way to start the day. What a nice getaway in our backyard!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank Elizabeth A
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder for your recent romantic getaway and for the outstanding review on your stay. Since we're right here in your backyard, I hope that we'll see you again very soon. And please feel free to contact me personally, whenever you have a special occasion to celebrate.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This resort is exceptionally great. We have been to other casinos and this one was one of the best. The room was super clean, alot of amenities, down comforter bed, very pleasant stay. The casino was very clean and well kept. The indoor /outdoor pool was amazing with kiddie pool & sauna indoor and outside. Will definitely go back in summer for swimming with the family. Very pleasant happy stay.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Josie O
Dear Josieprinces,
Wow! What a fantastic review of your recent visit to Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so much of our resort and that you'll be coming back in the summer. If I can be of assistance to you in making your reservation, I hope that you will reach out to me to do so, as I would enjoy meeting you and your family on your next trip.
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with the readers of TripAdvisor.
All the Best