We stayed one night at the Pueblo Bonito Inn as we traveled cross country with the focus of our trip in the southwest. We stayed at a variety of lodgings: B&Bs, Inns, and hotels. This establishment was the only - and a huge - disappointment. Our room was shoddy and rundown. It appeared to not have been updated in ages. The dark, drab furnishings were depressing and the bed linens disgusting. The attempts at decoration were cheap and the bathroom door made it look like an outhouse (no, it didn't look culturally authentic in the least). When I went to put the discolored and pilled sheets on the sofa bed, my daughter initially declined to sleep on them. The room smelled of cheap disinfectant and was musty, a problem impossible to alleviate since only one window of many opened and that one did not have a screen. The room was dusty and dirty as well; I swept dead bugs out of our bedroom before retiring. After examining the room, I went to the desk and told of my disappointment. We were shown another room two doors down - equally dismal and dirty - that we declined. No other option was offered. The pictures on the website are not just misleading but dishonest. To add insult to injury, this room - the worst I've stayed in - was the most costly. The overall impression is someone making money with the least amount of effort. Luckily, we were able to see how this type of establishment could be done right during our stay at Casa de Suenos in Albuquerque, which was lovely, clean, and well run. Pueblo Bonito actually sent us a standard email asking us how we enjoyed our stay. My feedback to them included the description I've given you. I received no reply - hey, thanks for asking! Enjoy Santa Fe, as we did, but do NOT stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded historic adobe pueblo downtown Santa Fe Bed and breakfast. Walk to plaza, shops, galleries, museums, restaurants and all historic sites! 1860 built original adobe pueblo-style compound. Three buildings on one acre housing 19 individually decorated and charming, historic adobe guest rooms. Kiva fireplace, private bath and private entrance in 18 private rooms. New Mexico breakfast buffet features handmade "Pueblo Tamales" and secret family recipe "Green Chile Stew" complimented by a wide array of other traditional American offerings. Afternoon cookies and welcome drinks all day are complimentary for guests. Affordable. Don't just stay in Santa Fe- Experience real history at Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Hotel Santa Fe
- Pueblo Bonito Bed And Breakfast Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico