“The best B & B in Santa Fe”

Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 37 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I love the overall atmosphere here. It is clean, cozy, and most importantly in an increasingly twee town, it is unpretentious. It is blessedly quiet thanks to the thick adobe walls and surrounding gardens. The tamales waiting for me saved me often during my stay. I have stayed there in the fall and summer and it is always comfortable. In the fall, the kiva fireplace was wonderful. The breakfast is well thought-out and the group chats spontaneously happen due to comfort and good cheer - not from an enforced "let's play!" attitude from the gracious owners.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Carmen,

Thank you so much for a sweet and touching review! Those thick adobe walls sure do keep out the noise, don't they? And of course, we hop on any chance we have to let guests sample the tamales and other wonders of Santa Fe.

We really do love enjoying our guests. Hearing about your travels and the sights you've seen is so rewarding for us, and we're always happy to do it. Of course, if you'd prefer to relax in the comfort and solace of your room, you're more than welcome to do that, as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's helpful for anyone considering a stay with us. And with fall quickly approaching, those kiva fireplaces will be roarin' and keeping us warm!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Ok, it was my first stay in Santa Fe, but as far as I am concerned, the search for places to stay is over - next time I am planning a trip to Santa Fe, I will just automatically try to get a room at the Pueblo Bonito. The room was very pretty, had the atmosphere I was looking for, clean and cosy. Breakfast was great, healthy and many choices and the Inn keepers were great - very welcoming and friendly. It is only a short walk to downtown with lots of interesting things to see on the way. I highly recommend Pueblo Bonito.

Room Tip: Just 4 pints for Value as I happened to be there during the Indian Market weekend, so everything was...

Nadja,

We are absolutely ecstatic to win in your "Santa Fe lodging" search! Thank you so much for a lovely review. The last thing a weary traveler wants is a room that's unpleasant to be in, so I'm glad your room was the perfect atmosphere for you!

Once it comes time to explore the city, we've got you covered, too. Whether it's with a filling breakfast or by offering suggestions and guides on what to see, we want you to have the best stay possible. That's a lot easier to do when you're so close to several great attractions, including the Plaza, Canyon Road, Palace of the Governors, and Site Santa Fe, just to name a few.

Please us know the next time you're in town—can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We visit Santa Fe once or twice a year and over the last 5 or 6 years Pueblo Bonito has been our B&B. The only thing negative that I can think of is that there are details in some of the rooms that could stand attention - a door that doesn't quite close properly, a bathroom fixture that's not quite up to par. But maybe that's intrinsic to this being a century and a half old building. The location is superb, the price is reasonable. This is probably the friendliest place we've encountered in more than 30 years of visiting Santa Fe. Overall highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thanks so much for a wonderful review, Gene. It's an absolute honor to be called the friendliest place you've been. Kind, courteous and helpful service is always been something we pride ourselves on. That's hard to find at a big chain hotel.

It's been great hosting you over these past several years, and of course we're always happy to have you visit us when you're in town. Being just a short walk away from the plaza has its perks, too—certainly makes seeing a large number of sights and attractions possible!

The life of an innkeeper- especially of a 150+ yr old adobe property- never ends when it comes to repairs, upkeep and general overall "love" of the buildiing! We will look into the little "querks" stated above and make sure corrections are made where they are need. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. We really do appreciate it. See you again soon!

Amy

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked this Inn based on previous reviews and I am so glad that I did. When I arrived I found that I had been upgraded to a lovely suite and I could have happily stayed there for weeks. Staff were really friendly and helpful and the centre of Santa Fe is just a pleasant 10 minute stroll away. There is also a lovely grocery store nearby so that you can use the lovely kitchen provided. Breakfast and afternoon tea were both great.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Lizzie,

It always makes us smile when someone discovers us due to our reviews. Thank you so much for paying it forward and leaving us one yourself! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay, and of course I'll pass this along to the whole team.

Visitors love how close we are to so many sights and attractions of Santa Fe. A short walk will get you to Canyon Road, where you can check out plenty of fun shops and restaurants, the Plaza, which is really the heart of downtown Santa Fe, and a host of museums and other attractions. As you saw (and hopefully took advantage of), the local produce is really incredible here. Were you able to visit the Farmer's Market during your stay, too?

Thank you again for leaving a review. You're a perfect example of the power of a site like this. We're happy to host you anytime you're back in town!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

12 inch thick adobe walls, no central heat, but I love it! Pueblo Bonito is very close to the center of Santa Fe and practically next to the state capitol. I love staying there because of the location. I'm able to leave my car parked there and wander all over Santa Fe's 'downtown' area. It's not fancy, no pool or fitness center, but I wouldn't use them if they had them. That's not the reason I go to Santa Fe. I love how rustic the compound is. It's very quiet and peaceful. Plus I love the kiva fireplace in the room. I have a fire every night before bed, then the room stays comfortably warm all night. I would definitely stay there again, and again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

And we'd host you again and again, Denise! Thank you so much for a lovely review and FYI: Our 150 yr old historic adobe pueblo-style compound boasts interior and exterior walls that are a "foot and a half thick adobe" along with electric baseboard heat and corner kiva fireplace for chilly months with air conditioning during warmer months! Yes, we have a prime location as we're right in the heart of Santa Fe - next door to the NM State Capitol with free parking. You can relax knowing your car is tucked safely away on our secluded grounds while you enjoy walking to the plaza, restaurants, museums and everything else nearby.

Of course, a little "me time" never hurts, either, and we're happy to provide that with afternoon tea, quiet areas, and the kiva fireplaces in our rooms. It's the perfect way to unwind after a busy day of exploring Santa Fe, NM.

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Not only does it help us as owners, it gives potential visitors a great insight into all we offer. Thanks again, and hope we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this historic old home. The setting was perfect for a Santa Fe visitor and as authentic as could be. At 150 years old this place was convenient to many of the top things to see. First the hospitality of the owner and staff was outstanding. Requests were taken care of quickly and everyone was ready to make you stay there and in the city just perfect.
Our room was partially part of the original judges home. We enjoyed the kitchenette because who doesn't get tired of eating out when traveling? All the décor fit the native theme and some looked very old. We only wished it was cooler so perhaps a fire could be made in the kiva. Don't come here expecting spacious, new rooms. This place is as authentic as can be while still in the new millennia. You can't dig into adobe walls to add cable tv and air conditioning so there are a few loose cords tucked around.
If you like ambiance in a welcome, neat abode this is the place for you.
Oh, the afternoon tea and breakfast were delicious and friendly.

Room Tip: Photos of each room are posted on their web site. They are helpful in choosing your room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thanks so much for a wonderful review! Santa Fe is a great city, full of history and charm, and we aim to keep our rooms authentic to the city's style. I hope you got to check out the Farmers Market to utilize your in-room kitchen, and maybe on your next visit you'll get a chance to test out the kiva fireplace. It's quite romantic!

Obviously, though, the highlight of any vacation is getting to see the sights of the city. With our proximity to Santa Fe's best attractions (the Plaza, Canyon Road and the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, to name just a few), you can certainly take a short walk to hours of entertainment. We'll make sure you're ready for the day ahead with a filling breakfast. And our afternoon tea is the perfect way to unwind after being out on the town.

I'll share your review with the whole team here. I really appreciate you writing it, and we'd love to host you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were greeted with a warm Santa Fe smile by staff members each day. The room was clean and beautiful. Our room had a small kitchen area so we used the stove to prepare veggies we purchased at the farmer's market. When we return (soon!) we hope to utilize the kitchen more often than we did the first stay. The location is within a short walk to the historic and shopping district. All the staff members were familiar with the area and could help with daily outings. The breakfast buffet was tasty with a variety of foods, including seasonal fruit. I highly recommend this lovely B & B.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

We truly do appreciate your recommendation, Kathy. So glad to know you appreciated the amenities in your suite and found it to be comfortable, clean and "beautiful"! There are plenty of great places to eat in Santa Fe, but our Farmers Market is truly a treat! I love frequenting it on Tuesdays and Saturday mornings as well.

A stay with us is also beneficial since you're so close to everything Santa Fe has to offer. Just a short walk to the plaza and a number of wonderful attractions, and of course we're here to offer suggestions or recommendations if you need them.

With a breakfast starting your day off strong, we do everything we can to make your trip to Santa Fe a memorable one. Happy to host you anytime; come back and visit soon!

All the best,