“Well located hotel with excellent service standards” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi

Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Pasadena, California
“Well located hotel with excellent service standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi for three nights on a trip to Santa Fe. It is probably the best located luxury hotel in all of Santa Fe and has superb standards of service that left me very impressed.

The hotel itself occupies a very good location, literally on the opposite corner from the Santa Fe's main Plaza and across the street from the Palace of Governors Although the hotel occupies a historic building, everything has been brought up to date. There is tasteful artwork placed throughout the hotel and a modern Southwest motif throughout. Although a lobby area isn't evident, the hotel does have a library space past the main elevator where people can lounge and relax.

My room was very comfortable and tastefully furnished. I was in a twin-bedded room. In most hotels this would usually mean two doubles or queens, but in the Inn of the Anasazi this literally meant two twin sized beds. I can understand the need to maximize the room space, but it does make for cramped sleeping. However, bedding was of high quality, so no complaints there. The gas-burning kiva fireplace was a fine touch, as were the double-hung windows that could be opened.

One point of contention for me was the lack of soundproofing. This always is a sensitive issue for me, and may not bother some others. Noise simply resonated throughout the hallways and there seemed to be a general lack of soundproofing in the room. When my neighbors came back to their rooms, I could hear their conversations as they approached. When I was in the bathroom, I could clearly hear the music my neighbor was playing on their stereo. I also heard the two dogs barking next door - but that could just be because they were whiney dogs. And I honestly don't think the noise issues were because I was surrounded by noisy, rambunctious people (the hotel just doesn't attract the type).

Regarding the service, however, the standards were absolutely stellar, from the front desk staff, concierge, bell desk, and housekeeping. All the staff made me feel welcome, particularly Bob, the concierge, who was extremely helpful in planning out the days activities. There were also small touches that really mattered - for example, when turning down my room, the housekeeping staff placed an eyeglass cleaning wipe packet next to my glasses. It's these types of thoughtful touches that make guest want to return again and again, and I'm certain they have a large returning client base.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay at a very well run hotel. Soundproofing issues aside, I would openly recommend it to anyone visiting Santa Fe.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank JTears
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Thank you for your radiant review of Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. Your detailed feedback is very much appreciated. We enjoy exceeding our guests expectations by paying special attention to the small details and making our guests feel welcome. We hope to welcome you back to the Inn where we will do our best to find a room for you with a quieter location.

Andrea Gates
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

I stayed here on the advice of local friends - I had my dog and did not wish to inconvenience the friends. The hotel was wonderful. Great location, professional staff made our stay most welcome. The rooms are all that anyone would expect, though yes, the TV isn't plasma (as another reviewer commented), but, I never understand that complaint from a traveler. And I will say the desk chair, though beautiful to look at, was probably the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. Santa Fe has so much else to offer besides TV and office work, and the Inn is perfectly situated for what is essentially a walking town. The hotel was great about the dog, even supplying a food and water bowl on a tray. One point: I would not stay again in the upper (3rd floor) area back, as we did, if you have a dog because it is a very long walk to the front door... but that is minor. This hotel has a grace and charm missing in many others.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank island04575
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As a pet friendly hotel, we are always delighted to welcome four-legged friends as well and provide pet amenities. During your future stays with us, we'll be sure to note your preference to be located closer to the exit so that we can accommodate you and your best friend.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

Recently my husband and i stayed at this hotel in Santa Fe. We were both very happy with the hotel, amenities, restaurant and staff. The location could not be better....right off the square. The housekeeping staff is fabulous, the turn down service is delightful...leaving freshly baked cookies, turning on the fireplace, placing your slippers on the cotton mat, even leaving bookmarkers on your books and lens cleaning cloths next to your sunglasses. Its little things like this that make the difference.
While there is no fitness center at the hotel, there is a full gym 3 blocks away, where for $5 a day you can use their facilities. Or the hotel will deliver an elliptical to your room.
We plan on coming back next year.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank buyart79
Your keen observations and positive feedback are wonderful and we appreciate them. Our staff takes pride in paying attention to detail no matter how small it might seem. I am pleased your stay was delightful and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

This is a charming inn with comfortable rooms and excellent service. Food in the restaurant is really excellent and rates very high, but prices remain affordable. We loved the location, small attentions and the concierge who recommended exactly the right galleries for us to see. It is just 2 minutes walk from the center of town (Plaza), 5 minutes walk from Canyon Drive. Loved the fire places and the intimate library.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank topkapitan
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at the Inn. Our staff is delighted they were able to accommodate you and make your experience more enjoyable and as the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm also pleased and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

My wife and I have stayed here many times over the past 12 years, and this used to be a great property. No more. Everything is in serious need of upgrading. The rooms on the "dumpster side" are dark to begin with and the room lighting is abysmal. Felt like Mr. Magoo trying to navigate the room. The TV is tiny with very poor sound quality. The water pressure has been reduced so dramatically that it took over 30 minutes to fill the tub. That's conservation gone too far, especially at these prices. I do have fond memories of the Anasazi, but if you are an aging Baby Boomer like me, it's time to move on.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank peeauslee
As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I appreciate your constructive feedback and keen observations and will take them into consideration as we finalize our plans for updating later this year.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

We stayed in December of 2010 a few days before Christmas. Upon entering, you know you're in Santa Fe as the air is scented with the fragrance of pinon logs burning in the fire place....one of my favourite scents. We were welcomed in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our room was very well appointed and comfortable. Most impressive was the turn down service. When we returned from dinner, our fireplace was on, the lighting was adjusted, cookies on the night stand, soft music playing and a bed-time story on the pillow. The attention to detail makes this hotel worth every penny. Very romantic indeed. We will return to Santa Fe and stay here again. Next time, we shall try the restaurant, which according to locals, is the best in town. Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roni34
The smell of fresh pinon logs burning in the fireplace is one of the best memories of the holiday season here at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi and I'm glad you agree! As the Managing Director for the Inn, I'm pleased we were able to leave such a lasting impression on you and hope you are able to come back and enjoy our turndown service again in the near future.

Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Every time we ski in Taos we always stay 2 nights here before flying home. It's sophisticated southwest style is fab, heartwarming, and sincere. I love the Rosewood collection. We have yet to find a fault with any of their properties. Off to Jumby Bay in August... Once we choose a destination we always look for a Rosewood property! You'll love it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babybucky
I am pleased to receive such a complimentary comment and to know you consider Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi your 'home-away-from-home.' After a day of skiing in Taos, it's always nice to come back to the Inn and to know you have nothing but great service and relaxation at your fingertips! Wishing you a wonderful trip to Jumby Bay, where I know they will take great care of you as well!