Hotel St. Francis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
1,155 results
All reviewstabla de los santossecreto loungesmoked sagerooms are smallfull length mirrorcorner roombeautiful hotelfront desk staffbeautiful lobbywood floorsperfect locationhotel barstreet noiseper daythird floortwo blockscommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Hotel St. Francis is beautiful. The lobby is calm and welcoming. The front desk staff is the best. The rooms were small, but comfortable. I absolutely love the look of the hotel. A plus - Aveda products.

The only drawback to Hotel St. Francis was the restaurant Tabla. The food was good but the service was incredibly slow and non-responsive. The staff in the restaurant were more concerned with themselves and conversation with each other than with interacting with the customers. . . very disappointing service. The nice thing is that there are plenty of incredible restaurants around the hotel with great service. My advice, don't eat at Tabla.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank kjshrum
RoomsMgr, Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2010

"Hotel St Francis Getaway"

Thank you for staying at the Hotel St. Francis. Your comments that the hotel looked beautiful and that the lobby was calm and welcoming was very much appreciated. I also appreciate your comment stating that the front desk staff is the best. With our newly completed renovation, the hotel has undergone a major transformation. The spectacular changes allow our guest to experience an even more historical and authentic cultural experience. The hotel is designed in a style where peace and tranquility are the key design elements.Here, utter simplicity is an exacting art. Additionally, our guestrooms are furnished with hand-crafted furniture created by Santa Fe artisans.

I am glad that you liked the food in our restaurant. At the Tabla de Los Santos, the hotels beautiful three meal restaurant, our guests enjoy food based upon local traditions and incorporating the freshest ingredients available from the local Farmer's Market. Although you enjoyed the food, I wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for the disappointing service. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. The service that you experienced was not indicative of what we offer. I will personally follow up on your concern to correct our service. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 1 April 2010

Checking into the hotel was easy and the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The loby was beautiful and the hotel bar had a good selection of cocktail. The room was a little bit on the small size, but that did not bother my boyfriend and I. Overall, we had a wonderful stay, and we would stay at the Hotel St. Francis again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Wh0ami18
Reviewed 26 February 2010

We stayed at the St. Francis for four nights for our anniversary. Thanks to the front desk manager, we got a fabulous room with a king-size bed and view of the town and the mountains. As other reviewers have noted, the decor of this hotel is that of a monastery; simple, stark, rustic, and very peaceful. It has a very calming effect. If you're looking for cliche southwestern rugs and kokopeli figures at every turn, there are plenty of other places to go. I absolutely love the look and feel of the St. Francis, and enjoyed sitting by the grand fireplace in the lobby and watching people walk in for the first time and be completely awed. It's that cool.

Yes, rooms are typically quite small at this hotel. But why would you hang out in your hotel room when there is so much to do in Santa Fe? Walk the plaza (it's only two blocks away), drive up into the national forest for a hike, visit the Upaya Zen Center, explore the galleries of Canyon Road (also within walking distance), get fabulous coffee at a local bakery or bookstore. We didn't turn our television on the whole time we were there. Why would you?

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank margeauxTx
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Upon arriving to Hotel St. Francis my party and I were thrilled and impressed with the relaxing atmosphere. The hotel was supposedly newly renovated, which was apparent. Calm spa-like music was heard overhead throughout the lobby and sitting area, muted colors, angelic decorations and large glowing candles only added to a cozy setting. Although all of this sounds like a dream come true, we were quickly brought back to reality when an alarming fight broke out in the lobby area as my party and I were warming up by the fire.

The fight was between the bar manager and a kitchen employee. There was no shame for anyone sitting in or entering and exiting the lobby as the kitchen employee viciously yelled at bar manager for being disrespectful. "You bought some coke from my boy, yo! You owe me!," the employee yelled. The manager could barely be heard, as I'm sure he was just trying to calm the drug induced employee. But nothing would work so the argument escalated to a threat of lives and then both fleeing down the street to fight it out. Several bar employees were frantically running around peaking out the front door to see what the outcome would be. About 10 minutes after the start of the drug related fight the two returned hugging as if nothing happened. This continued on for another two rounds - yelling and threatening and back to being friends - before we all decided it was safer to be back in our room.

I mentioned the situation to the manager on duty the next morning. Although I was drilled by him with questions like, "how did you know they worked here" and "what were they wearing," he only thanked us for telling him and never offered anything to compensate for the inconvenience or fear of our lives.

On top of all this the Tea and Sherry hour only accepts "civilized guest" as the tea lady stated to my husband when he inquired about ordering some tea he saw sitting on a table. We quickly moved to the bar area where we felt more accepted. Thankfully, Chris, our bartender was kind, helpful and knowledgeable about drinks and the city so that made up for the rude tea lady.

Very upset that such a beautiful place will have to be knocked off my list of places to visit again or to recommend.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank traverse30
RoomsMgr, Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel St Francis. I am glad that you
where thrilled about the results of the new renovation and the relaxing
atmosphere. Our goal of the renovation was to reintroduce a style where
peace and tranquility are the key underlying elements. In a world where our
minds are often cluttered with vast amounts of information, technology and
complexity, the Hotel St Francis was meant the be a place of contrast. Here,
utter simplicity is an exacting art. Thank you for your comments.

However, I did want to sincerely apologizes for the situation that occurred
in our hotel lounge and for the impression that was interpreted by you and
our customers. Please note that the so called "kitchen employee" that you
mentioned was not an employee of the Hotel St Francis. Our hotel policies
have strict standards pertaining to employees visiting the workplace and for
employees drinking alcohol on property. In short, we do not tolerate
employees consuming alcohol in the work place. In this case, the intoxicated
bar parton was causing a scene and thus was being evicted from our lounge by
our bar manger. I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused. You can be
confident that I have personally followed up on all of your concerns to
correct. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 22 January 2010

I stayed here for one night before Xmas. I've stayed at the old St. Francis - before remodel - many times. I like the remodel, and I like the rooms. Before it was sort of shabby-chic European kitsch. Now it is very spare. The rooms are mostly undecorated, almost stark. But I liked it. The room was ascetic - in keeping with the monastery theme - but soothing and comfortable. Good beds & linens. I love the Moorish lobby. Mixed reviews on the staff. When I made the reservation the clerk was unhelpful and rude. I understand he is no longer employed there. And thereafter the desk could not have been nicer or more helpful. The St. Francis is right next to the Inn of the Governors, and I have an abiding love for that hotel. Unlike the St. Francis, free parking and an awesome breakfast. But I would advise anyone to check the rates. If the St. Francis is significantly cheaper, go for it. I enjoyed myself and will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family