“Convenient to spa, relaxing”
Review of Ten Thousand Waves

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Fe
Ten Thousand Waves
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Because of the convenience of being right at the spa and restaurant, we definitely recommend this place. Our room was lovely and serene That said, if you want a larger breakfast, bring some food. What was available in the room was fine, if you like granola...I'm one of those weird people who would rather have an egg. Also, the bed was extremely comfortable but set very low to the ground on a low platform. I got up in the middle of the night and took a tumble, not bad but it could have been much worse. We would stay here again most likely but would choose a different room with a larger patio and would definitely bring food for breakfast.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anniejet
There are newer reviews for Ten Thousand Waves

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Staying at Ten Thousand Waves along with a massage and dinner at Izanami was a birthday present from my husband. It could not have been better. The room was the height of Japanese luxury, dinner was fabulous and the massage I received from Rose was definitely the icing on the cake. Everyone should be so lucky!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ggrimes
Reviewed 29 April 2014

From start to finish this hotel /spa was perfect. the staff was very accommodating. We drove from LA to NYC and were a bit behind schedule and the staff was very gracious about changing our reservation. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable and they provide fresh coffee beans and a grinder in the room plus fruit and granola and milk. The heated toilet seats are pretty nice too the spa was clean and nice, the restaurant has fabulous healthy but not boring food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 3 April 2014

You know how sometimes a hotel or restaurant will try to do something in an “authentic” style of some sort, and you come away feeling a little theme-parked-out? That is NOT the case at 10,000 Waves. I’ve been coming here for 20 years (before they had the hotel rooms) and now I love the Japanese-style rooms on top of everything else that they offer. I find the rooms relaxing, and also kind of amusing. Let’s just say it makes me happy to stay there. And even when I’m staying elsewhere in Santa Fe, I always come for a hot tub and some treatments (in addition to massage, I love the salt glow & herbal wrap). This week I ate lunch at their new restaurant, Izanami – delicious. And if you book a tub and a treatment before 1:00, they give you a voucher for a complimentary 3-course prix fixe lunch. You could spend days on the mountain and never go into town – you’d be pampered, well fed and well rested. Sounds good to me!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank artnik
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Interesting place in the hills above Santa Fe. Can be a bit expensive, but a great choice for special occasions. Various private and public hot tubs. We took the "Waterfall". Very romantic. Massages of all sorts are available. My girlfriend and I did a couples which was great. I will recommend Brian. Next evening I had a different type. Pasqual was the "therapist". Not as good. The kimonos they provide at the spa are a nice touch. Changing room was very good. The onsite restaurant was Very nice. Very good atmosphere and food. Reservations advised for Friday & Saturday. The room we had "Blue Moon" was super. Well supplied, very clean. No complaints of any kind. Not many kids around, but they should be Okay. My gf verified the billing was correct.

Room Tip: Review the different options on their website.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a great spa area that is perfect for apres-skiers and or people visiting Santa Fe that want a little get away. Wether you want spa services (amazing massages) or just to unwind at the hot tub/sauna/polar plunge (both communal and private) this is an amazing place to let the body unwind as well as the mind

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Sometimes you find a special location that enhances your journey. This place is it. There is a palpable sense of peace and tranquility in every little viewpoint, in every finish detail of the fantastic houses and baths.

If you need to be able to say with certainty "I have escaped" and you don't mind the somewhat high cost, then 10000 Waves is for you. Don't expect that you can be loud and stupid here or you will meet the Samurai.

Room Tip: They are all good. Leave $5 a day tip for the house cleaners.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo