This is the first spa style resort we've ever stayed at; and it was a WONDERFUL first experience. Being able to walk back to a room on-site while still feeling secluded from spa-only goers is an absolute luxury. We stayed in New Moon; the pictures and description on the website do this room complete justice. It was just themed enough to feel romantic without being so overly done as to feel cheesy. The website, however, does not do the Spa justice at all. We had 1 hour massages followed by a private bath (Waterfall) and were simply blown away by the ammenities and style of this experience. Within a few minutes of walking around in a provided Kimono and sandals, you feel transported into a different world. We went up to the spa early in the evening to look around before our treatments. As some of the negative reviews suggest, it was definitely busy but one quickly understands that the quality promotes the popularity. The spa had nearly emptied by our treatments which began at 8pm and our private tub was reserved for the last hour of the evening (930pm). I highly recommend following this same schedule. We arrived back at our room around 10:45, warm, massaged, and relaxed. We started a wood fire, turned on the Bose stereo system and allowed ourselves to simply melt into the experience. The pricing may seem high to someone who is accustomed to constant attention and roomservice as these aren't provided; but the price is easily commanded by the atmosphere and overall experience.
We will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten Thousand Waves is a unique mountain spa resort near Santa Fe, New Mexico that feels like a Japanese onsen. We're primarily a large, beautiful day spa, but for those who plan ahead, we're a great destination spa. Just a short walk through the trees from the baths and treatment areas are thirteen hotel suites.Come for an hour or a week. Stop by briefly after skiing, or spend a romantic vacation sampling our luxury spa packages every day. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ten Thousand Waves - Houses Of The Moon Hotel Santa Fe
- 10,000 Waves - Houses Of The Moon
- Ten Thousand Waves - Houses Of The Moon Santa Fe, New Mexico