My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a trip to 10,000 Waves after a stressful winter. What a surprise it was! Most importantly to me was the fact that for a mere $20 a night I could bring my dog, and he could join us during our private tub time. We stayed in the Moonlet. There was no tv (as we wanted), but our room was stocked with granola and soy milk, fresh fruit and chocolates! Also, the french press coffee and selection of loose tea was amazing! The pools were relaxing and clean, and a fresh supply of towels was always close at hand. We stayed over Easter weekend, and even with the extra "holiday" business we received the highest quality of service. Extra firewood was easily obtained from the staff when a freak spring snowstorm hit. Definatly stay the night in one of their houses, and take advantage of all the offerings!
This vacation made me want to move to Santa Fe!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten Thousand Waves is a unique mountain spa resort near Santa Fe, New Mexico that feels like a Japanese onsen. We're primarily a large, beautiful day spa, but for those who plan ahead, we're a great destination spa. Just a short walk through the trees from the baths and treatment areas are thirteen hotel suites.Come for an hour or a week. Stop by briefly after skiing, or spend a romantic vacation sampling our luxury spa packages every day. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ten Thousand Waves - Houses Of The Moon Hotel Santa Fe
- 10,000 Waves - Houses Of The Moon
- Ten Thousand Waves - Houses Of The Moon Santa Fe, New Mexico