“Quiet and very relaxing B&B”

and 1 more site!
Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fountain, Co
“Quiet and very relaxing B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I loved my one-night stay at this cozy B&B in the heart of Santa Fe. Breakfast was filling and wholesome and my room very comfortable. A stone's throw away from the hub of the city and within easy walking distance. Staff very welcoming and friendly and I wouldn't hesitate going back for more. They have a world famous spa which might be just the ticket for you. Please read my story on Santa Fe at http://pettprojects.com/santafe.html

Room Tip: Visit their website and check out what you can about the rooms and what's available as far as ch...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Friendly hosts and great breakfast.Easy walking to the plaza.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Northridge, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary at Hacienda Nicholas on 4/25/12.

We spent 7 nights there, what a delight! It was the ideal place to be pampered, the room was clean, spacious, with it's kava, king bed, and seperate seating area. Every morning we would wake up and head for the dining room where we would have coffee and read the newspaper. After a short time we were served the most delicious breakfasts each morning, one of my favorities was blue corn waffles with blue berries. The best part of staying there was the staff, they were friendly, fun to talk to, and answered all of our questions. The owner Ms. Carolyn was there each morning greeting her guests with kindness, laughter, and lots of energy. In the late
afternoon there would be home made cookies to enjoy as well as chips and dip. Their court yard was lovely, we were surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery, with tables and chairs all around for guests to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and exchange stores of what they had discovered that day, a great gathering place when Mother Nature decides to share her warmth.
The Hacendia doesn't serve wine, you must bring your own, due to laws in Santa Fe.
Can't wait to go back and stay in the Sun Flower room. Ideal location, with in walking distance to the plaza. Tony/Bev Sacre, Nortridge, Ca.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My girlfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay in "the cottage." The amenities were top notch, the breakfast was superb and the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Despite being in a room that was separate from the B and B, we still enjoyed all of the B and B charms. Our daily breakfast in the common room was wonderful and full of great conversation. And the incredibly sweet owner even brought us cookies one evening! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Seven of us needed four rooms, and at Hacienda Nicholas we were all housed facing the charming patio or near the comfortable common room. Perfect for easy mixing and relaxation between forays into- or out of- town. Breakfasts were hearty Southwestern dishes, with plenty of fresh fruit and light options available. George, the man in charge of afternoon and evening snacks, couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. My only caveat is that if you prefer bar soap to liquid, bring your own.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
I am delighted that you and your group so enjoyed your stay at Hacienda Nicholas. The setting does lend itself to such events throughout the year, with the inviting indoor Great Room as well as the garden patio and outdoor fireplace.

As far as our soaps are concerned: we made the decision several years ago to operate the inn with the most environmentally-sound practices possible. One aspect of this was to stop using small plastic shampoo, lotion and conditioner bottles and small bars of soap, and instead, to offer these amenities in wall-mounted dispensers. Not only is this an environmentally-friendly policy, it also allows us to offer the wonderful lotions and potions of Aromaland, a local company which makes a full line of natural body care products. We do still have small bars of soap available for guests who prefer having their soap in a solid form.
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed in the Nicolas Suite, which was roomy and exceeding well appointed. The "common room", where a full breakfast was served each morning, had comfortable chairs and a fireplace. Coffee and tea were available all day, with cookies and late afternoon snacks served by the friendly staff. There was convenient parking, and its location (three blocks from the Plaza) made this a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The neighborhood is quiet, so probably any room would be a good choice. This is a sister B&B to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I loved my stay at Hacienda Nicholas. The proprietress and inn keepers were welcoming and attentive. My bed was comfortable and the personal space heater was great. I loved the character of the bed and breakfast and everyone was helpful. I was attending a photography workshop and was out of the door before 6:00am. I made a request and my breakfast was packed and ready in the refrigerator. After long days, I also enjoyed the side board filled with snacks, tea and coffee. The location is great, being a few blocks from the plaza keeps it quiet enough to rest at night but close enough to walk for dinner and exploring. I especially appreciated help with planning my days exploring the region around Santa Fe. I plan to stay again very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hollyhock room and it was just perfect for what I needed - a comfortable and quiet r...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo