All reviews other guests sunflower room chamisa suite bed and breakfast blue corn waffles homemade granola absolute nirvana common room cookies happy hour nirvana spa social hour b bs each morning short walk opportunity to meet wine and cheese
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was our fourth stay at Hacienda Nicholas but it will not be the last. As always, we were extremely pleased with our room, with the food and especially the staff. We stayed three nights so were able to experience the varied breakfast menu. The enclosed patio is teeming with flowers and birds, offering privacy as well. Breakfast brings about opportunities to meet other people; always fun for us. Our room (Sunflower) was large enough to spread out and the bathroom was quite large. Had it been winter, we'd have had a fire going in the fireplace. Hacienda Nicholas is located just a short walk from the historic plaza. We park our car and walk everywhere. Great place. Always welcoming.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you ever so much for writing of your stay at Hacienda Nicholas, and especially for choosing to come back to us for the 4th time. We are so very grateful for your continued patronage and pleased that you are still so happy with your visits. I too love the Sunflower Room! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Carolyn Lee
Owner
Hacienda NIcholas & The Madeleine Inn

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a wonderful B&B. I have stayed there some years ago, and was delighted to see it has stayed as charming and relaxing as I remembered. It has the authentic adobe/southwestern feel you hope for in Santa Fe, and is walking distance to the downtown plaza, Canyon Road, and many restuarants. The breakfasts are delicious and varied, and there is a delightful patio/garden to enjoy them al fresco. The rooms are charming and comfortable. Towels and robes are luxurious. Staff are extremely helpful and know everything you need to know about Santa Fe and surrounding area. Am looking forward to a return trip.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

You are so kind to write a review of your second stay at Hacienda Nicholas, and we are thrilled to know you you remain so pleased with the inn. Our aim is to be warm and welcoming, while also giving guests a truly authentic and comfortable place to stay in the downtown historic area of Santa Fe. Thank you very much for writing such a glowing review of your visit.

Carolyn Lee
Owner, Hacienda Nicholas & The Madeleine Inn

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at the Madeline Inn. My room was on the small side but comfortable. The bathroom was across the hall, which could be an advantage if you're traveling with someone else as that arrangement means that the other party does not have to get dressed in the small-ish bedroom. The room and bath were both quite clean. The owner thoughtfully lent me her own yoga mat, and the staff promptly provided a DVD so I could watch a film I had brought with me. The operation tries to be green in its practices (e.g., no bottled water but fresh filtered water provided downstairs), an approach I liked. The breakfasts were consistently excellent. The Inn is on the pricey side but seemed to be priced in accordance with the going Santa Fe rate.

Room tip: If it matters to you to have an en suite bathroom, make sure you verify in advance that your room has such a bathroom.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you so very much for writing a review of your stay in the Geranium Room of our sister inn, The Madeleine. I am glad you were able to make good use of the yoga mat and DVD player, and that the room worked well for you. It is our smallest room, and priced accordingly, at $150/night in high season and $110/night in low season. You are correct - Santa Fe is a surprisingly expensive town, especially in our neighborhood - the historic east side, just 3 blocks from the Plaza. Thank you too for your comments regarding our breakfasts. Many guests find they are so pleasantly satiated from breakfast that they either don't need a lunch, or eat just a small snack mid-day. Thank you again, and we look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

There is a bond, I feel certain between people who prefer staying at B & B's when they travel. Thrift may play a role, but overwhelmingly it must be that we like feeling "at home."
Hacienda Nicolas (Alexander's Inn Group) will let you feel like a guest in their home. The decor is very Santa Fe: SW furniture, bedposts, charming quilts and colorful ceramic tile. Breakfasts are plentiful and vary each day served by wonderfully helpful innkeepers.
The hospitality is what is so beyond ordinary. The owner, who serves everyone in the inn's diningroom, is only interested in making our stay comfortable and joyful. She takes the time to help you find the right shops and plan your outings. She thought of places I could take my young grandson. Recently she offered me her Ipad so I could watch the Chicago Blackhawks play in Stanley Cup finals. The housekeeper during her routine tasks helped me search for lost earrings which I had accidentally thrown out. I don't eat meat and recipes have been adjusted so all the delicious breakfast meats are served on the side. Beyond the homemade cookies, sweetbreads and invitation to enter the kitchen for ice and cold drinks, there is great consideration for the environment. If I was to own a B & B, I would model it after H. N. and You would be very welcomed as a guest. Nirvana Spa is first rate. *****GST

Room tip: Casitas w King and Queen rooms for couples, Main Inn for anyone but ideal for singles, Pet friendly. Gardened courtyard with sun and shaded areas attracts hummingbirds, perfect place to relax. Driveway parking. Minutes walk from plaza.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you so very much for posting such a wonderful review of your experience as a guest at the Hacienda Nicholas. We are honored that you would choose to stay with us on such a regular basis, and it is a delight to see your grandson grow up. Thank you for making mention of the southwestern decor, our level of service and commitment to our guests, and your enjoyment of our breakfast selections. We look forward to your next visit, and are rooting alongside you for the Blackhawks!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very pleasant building and comfortable rooms. Loved the living and dining area. Different staff every day detracted somewhat from the experience. I think we had been spoilt by a previous BnB where the service was truly excellent.

Room tip: Some rooms have skylights so if you like to wake with the sunrise, chose one of these.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LuluVietnam
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Hacienda Nicholas. I am happy to read that you were pleased with the Hacienda's architecture and rooms, as well as its location.

We do indeed have three different innkeepers working the morning shift throughout the week, and I regret that you were unhappy with the change of staff. I myself am at the inn every Monday through Friday, and Merrilee is the afternoon innkeeper six days a week. I can see how it would be preferable to have the same person on at all times, for continuity in all areas, and some inns are staffed by just one or two people. Because our staff consists of artists, social workers, those involved in theater, and those with children, I allow them to work at the inn while also continuing in their other endeavors, thinking that makes for a more interesting staff. My hope is that my own presence at the inn each morning creates a sense of continuity, and feel badly that this was not your experience. I truly value your feedback, and am committed to working out a way to create more continuity of service while also allowing our staff to enjoy their varied lives outside of the inn.