Since discovering Hacienda Nicholas about a decade ago, we've stayed there every summer when we've visited Santa Fe for the Santa Fe Opera. Hacienda Nicholas is in a quiet neighborhood that is an easy drive to the highway to the opera, and a short walk to the Plaza, restaurants, galleries, and museums. It is an adobe house of historic interest, so there is nothing standard about it. Every room and every bathroom is unique in shape, size, and furnishing, but everything works (if there's a need for a new light bulb or the like, it's taken care of as soon as you let somebody know). Carolyn, the owner, upgrades the rooms while maintaining the meaningful local décor; for example, there are traditional Southwestern-themed tiles on a number of bathroom walls, along with new grab-bars for guest safety in the tubs. The breakfasts are excellent and are served with a smile and pleasant conversation. Cookies and coffee cake are left out for later in the day, even for late-night returnees from the opera. Carolyn and her staff can help you decide where to go for dinner, plus there is a mountain of well-organized information kept in the Great Room for guests to browse for ideas. Carolyn remembers her repeat guests from year to year, and makes Hacienda Nicholas feel like home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting B&B offers guests a true taste of the Southwest. Enjoy a great night’s sleep in our beds of feather and down. Unwind in the peace and tranquility afforded by extra thick adobe walls or go one step further and experience sublime bliss next door at the Absolute Nirvana Spa. Savor the luscious scents from our heavenly rose garden and partake of delectable Southwestern inspired breakfasts and afternoon wine & cheese. Let our dedicated staff help you make the most of Santa Fe so you can have the holiday you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Nicholas Hotel Santa Fe
- Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico