“We wouldn't stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“We wouldn't stay anywhere else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

Our latest visit to Santa Fe was once again wonderful--due mostly to the lovely Hacienda Nicholas. It's so close to the square with its shops and people-watching, and to several restaurants where we like to eat. Park the car and walk! We have stayed in three of the rooms at different times. This time we had The Wisteria Room--a long, quiet room with a large, great red-tiled bathroom. The Sage Room is small, but just right for the night, and it has purple sage right outside the window. The Hollyhock Room is so cool---it has hand-painted 40's type picture tiles set into the bathroom walls--not to be missed! All the beds we've slept in are heavenly, with fluffy comforters and pillows. The breakfasts have all been good; gourmet cooking so early! The social hour in the afternoon provides yet another opportunity to sample delicious hors d'oeuvres. And the staff have helpful suggestions; all you have to do is ask. Carolyn has done a commendable job of keeping her B & B on the cutting edge of comfort, cuisine and ecology! Here's to many more visits!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Caring staff, quiet location, comfortable rooms, great breakfasts/ happy hour snacks and congenial fellow guests; close to all Santa Fe attractions. Excellent value for money. No internet or spa - but both are at a sister property across the street, and the spa, Absolute Nirvana, is excellent. Highly recommended. Fodor's was right - A FIND!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeb914
Scottsdale, Ariizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

Stop what you are doing and go make your reservation for a stay at Hacienda Nicholas. This hidden treasure in the heart of Santa Fe fills up quickly. I first discovered this charming B&B when I was looking for a pet friendly place to stay. That was in 2003, and I have returned at least twice a year since then for renewal and relaxation. Perfectly located within walking distance to Canyon Road and the Plaza, Hacienda Nicholas is on a quiet side street where one feels miles removed from the bustle of town. The eight rooms are pleasantly decorated. Three have fireplaces, and in the fall and winter a fire burns brightly in the living/dining room as well as on the patio. The food, the flowers, the Innkeepers, and the well-traveled guests are unfailingly delightful. I always leave feeling all blissed out and planning my return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Troondawg
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

My wife and I have visited Santa Fe several times but we had never stayed at a bed and breakfast. I searched for days and we decided on the Hacienda Nicholas. We really loved the choice. We particualarly loved the wonderful breakfasts. I loved the food so much I bought their cookbook and several jars of their jams. The room was great and we actually made some new friends with a couple from New Jersey. My boss asked me for the website of the bed and breakfast and he plans on staying their at the end of this month. I cannot wait to go back!

Converted Bed and Breakfast junkie

1 Thank Spursfan7
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

Anytime I'm in Sante Fe, I know I'll be staying at the Hacienda Nicholas. It became my home away from home. Our room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions. The inner courtyard became our living room where we could sit with friends for an early cup of coffee, an afternoon snack and enjoy the cool night under the stars. There was always freshments out to help keep us hydrated in the high altitude and the best apricot cookies ever. And, it is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank ExecutiveCoach
louisville kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

We have been to inns and five star resorts all around the world and have to say that Hacienda Nicholas ranks right up there with the best in terms of comfort and ambiance. It surpasses the more high end accommodations in terms of warmth and care, as there is no pretension or attempt to be high brow - just a clear desire to be kind and of service in every way. There are basically two choices of room size and price here. Our room, the Sunflower, was quite large and we paid about $250/night. Compared with the expensive downtown hotels, this place is a great deal. We had great breakfasts each morning on the patio, enjoying the rose garden in its full glory. The price also includes an evening wine & appetizer hour, plus lots of delicious homemade cookies throughout the afternoon. The room was clean and well-decorated, with a large bathroom and a fireplace, which would be welcome in the cooler months.

Our innkeeper, Greg, was the consumate host. He helped us to plan the day's activities and was a most pleasant and personable innkeeper. The spa across the street, Absolute Nirvana, was also a highlight of our stay at Hacienda Nicholas. We would recommend the couples massage and rose petal bath, though next time will treat ourselves to one of the incredible sounding two hour treatments. Our stay here added tremendously to our enjoyment of Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cyotee
loveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

My mom and I stayed two nights there. It was to celebrate my 20th birthday. This trip by far was my best birthday. The food was home cooked and to die for! The people working there made things relaxed and comfortable. I really was able to see the New Mexico hospitality. My mom and I shared a room, and the bathroom was all tile and the bathtub had a beautiful scene of a man playing a guitar and a woman listening they seemed happy and content and that was New Mexico for me. You didn't have to be anyone but yourself and you were just supposed to have fun and not expected to do anything extraordinary if you didn't want to, but the air really made you feel you could do anything with success! I plan to come back to New Mexico next year for my 21st. I think it would be a great way to celebrate. I was able to finally get some turquoise. That was my gift to myself. We also saw the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. The Madeline Inn which was right by us was where we had our best-ever spa visit. We were treated like queens. You could just relax and enjoy the fabulous spa treatments or you could strike up a lovely conversation with your very qualified massage therapist. my mother and I had the "Chocolate Decadence" it was like a dream covered in chocolate. And it was massage, chocolate scrub, then yogurt and honey mask. I smelled like brownie batter mad with the most natural and healthy ingredients. I was able to enjoy it with out feeling any guilt. I can't forget to mention that you also get a fresh fruit plate with a nice dip in their rose petal bath.

• Stayed June 2009