“Funky 50's Motor Court”
Review of King's Rest Court

King's Rest Court
Ranked #41 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Straight out of the 1950's, this motor court comes with covered parking next to each room, no phones in the rooms, window air conditioners, and plenty of ambiance. It's clean, the beds are comfortable, and there's a walk-in closet. A mini coffemaker in each room, and the basics: desk and chair, chest of drawers, comfy chair in the bedroom area. The window A/C hum covers any traffic noise, and there's absolutely no noise from the room next door--it looks like adobe but I think it's made of concrete. Showers, no tub; no pool, fitness, or other amenities. Free wifi works pretty well. This is a great value if you're looking for a nice, clean place to sleep at a very low cost. There's a fantastic breakfast place a couple of blocks away -- Tecolote Cafe -- that's worth a special trip if you end up staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Barry T

Reviewed 23 May 2012

There are no phones in the rooms. The furniture doesn't match. However, the room is clean, the bed is comfortable and the shower works great. If you don't require your T.V. to be in a repro antique armoire, this is a great place for the price. The best part is that Tecolote is 2 blocks to the right and The Pantry is 2 blocks to the left. You can't go wrong going either way for breakfast.
The only problem was the garbage truck that showed up at 4am on Thursday. It pulled right into the court and sounded like it was in my room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank OldC00t
Reviewed 27 February 2012

When I arrived at the King's Rest Court the first thing that I noticed was the layout of the inn's rooms and parking. Each room had it's own carport attached to it. I didn't have to worry about my car getting dinged in a parking lot, or noisy neighbors on both sides of me. I went to the office to check in and was greeted by very friendly staff. After checking in, I went to my room and was impressed with the overall condition of the room, especially finding the overall cleanliness of the room as being noteworthy!

I will be visiting Santa Fe again and have already made my reservations at the King's Rest Court Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Kings rest I wish you were as good as your reviews make you out to be. The only good thing about this place is the location. We called and made reservations based on the reviews at yelp for 2 days. At the time I told them 2 adults and 1 kid. She said sure no problem we have a room. We show up the next day and as we roll up my family and I just start laughing this place looked like a dump, but hey it had good reviews so we might as well take it and see how it is. The room had a scenic view of their dumpster. The door had 4 locks on it(that should have been the sign to split.) As soon as we unload our car a lady comes to our door and asks to use my cell phone(they have no phones in the room) Being the nice guy that I am I allow it. Next thing I know I’m getting booty calls from some guy asking if my husband is there. I had to call this guy and tell him hey this is my cell phone I let your lady friend use it. Luckily he quit texting me. At night we go to sleep and wake up at 2AM , someone got shot near the entrance and all the emergency vehicles in Santa Fe we there to help out. We decide to check out the next day , but the crazy lady at the front desk tells us that since we already paid there is no refunds, so we buck up and sty another night. That night it rains and I wake up to a puddle on my bed!! They make us move rooms at 2AM, no apology and they make it seem as though they are helping us out by allowing us to move rooms. The next morning we pack our gear and go to check out , I ask the lady for some kind of refund or something to compensate for the stay’s issues, she and her husband start yelling at me and then she tells me , well you had 3 people in your room and that room is only good for 2!!! I just left I could not take any more of the insane drama. If you have a choice do NOT stay here it is a pit, and a security risk. Don’t try and save 20 bucks on a cheaper motel. This is not as good as the yelpers or trip advisor makes it out to be

Room Tip: Pay an extra 20.00 and go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank DanW133
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I can't say I've stayed in many places that are $50 a night because I usually find you get what you pay for. But this is an exception. Sorta kitschy, but comfortable, quiet, convenient, friendly staff, very laid back. nice carports just 2 steps from our room.

Didn't get 5 star rating due to (to me) minor issues: spider on my headboard (stuff happens, I realize), and spotty cable reception, the ceiling/sky light in our bathroom looks unfinished like they just quit working on it.

Overall this was pleasant surprise but if you're into being coddled with a fancy breakfast, then common sense will tell you this isn't your place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank joshkspa
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was a little bit surprised when I got to King's Rest Court. The front desk staff was friendly. I got to the room, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't impressive either. I guess the retro feel does nothing for me. In my room, there was definitely no wireless access. There is no breakfast included. There was a refrigerator, but that's honestly about it (besides the tv). For the same price, Red Roof Inn provided much more.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank gittinsj
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We (a family of 5 with toddlers) took a 30 day road trip from Orlando, FL to San Franciso, Ca, and this was probably one of the best motels on the entire route. Clean, two separate rooms for the price of one, a place in the shade for the car and even Wi-Fi - what else can one expect?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family