King's Rest Court
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$216
US$264
US$248
US$312
US$282
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$237
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$69
EconoLodge
Villas de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$172
US$369
US$346
  • Pool
Homewood Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$211
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$162
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$108
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscovered parkingmotor courtcovered car portindian schoolhot waterflat screencomfortable bedsmall fridgeclose to townlight sleepercerrillos rdadobe stylehotel roomwould stay here againcoffee makerconvenient locationplaza area
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We found our room very comfortable- actually two rooms, which was an unexpected boon, as I could escape the TV. The place was scrupulously clean. It was Indian Market weekend, but they didn't jack up their rates (unlike almost all other motels). The motel dates from 1939 and boasts that it had the first neon sign in Santa Fe. There's covered parking, although 30's cars were smaller, and some present day patrons prefer to park in the open air. We had no trouble fitting with a modern SUV. It was truly a trip to the past, but less expensive than a time machine and close to downtown Santa Fe. It certainly will be my choice of a place to stay in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JohnLander L
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

On a recent trip to Sante Fe we booked a room at this hotel. It is a no frills place but the room was clean and the bed comfortable. We used our own pillows as theirs were a bit "tired" overall for the price it was a good choice and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Davleo58
Reviewed 3 September 2013

So we didn't have reservations and walked in to check out the rooms. They are a little drab and very dated but we were looking for a little character and the price is right and the location is a little closer to the Plaza than some of the other chain hotels. We were looking to stay in one of the old Route 66 hotels. I can see why some people comment on the room heater, it is vertical and about 6' high and to the right when one enters, I don't know how hot it gets but it might be an issues in such cramped quarters. It was hot for us so we didn't use it. The bathroom is on the older side but the bed was comfortable and there was hot water. Overall, it feels like a motel and we appreciated it for the character as well as affordable price. It is <2km to the Plaza so was very convenient. The front desk was efficient, not overly friendly but not troublesome.
There is some road noise audible but nothing that disturbed our sleep. I had to mention it to my partner for him to pick up on it and he's usually the one with difficulty sleeping. We had #5 which is next to the check in area, so you could ask for something a little further back off the road - but we were there for one night and it really didn't bother us.
We probably wouldn't go back but for the price and the nostalgia, I don't regret staying there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tropicalnorth
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at Kings Rest Court for the Indian Market. We had Room #11, which has 2 separate bedrooms (quite convenient). The family that owns this place does a great job with customer service and cleanliness of the rooms. We had a very comfortable stay, and it was easy getting to the market. Although it is older than me, I wish I looked this good!

Room Tip: Far away from road. For 2 beds try #11, it has two separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Sena W
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I encountered a front desk clerk who became belligerent in response to my (diplomatic) dismay over the motel not having my reservation and having booked the last non-smoking room just seconds before. I tried to laugh off his attitude and he literally mocked my laugh. I told him that I would report this to the CVB and Better Business Bureau and log a bad review online and he told me I could call CNN for all he cared. Though this was a business trip and I could have reserved a higher priced chain motel, I chose to stay at an independent operator. Though brief, it ended up being one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a motel and I've traveled the world.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business