“What a find”

Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Michigan
“What a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This place was as clean as any luxury hotel we've stayed at and at the bargain price I paid - it was a screaming deal with breakfast included. Met and talked with Dawn the owner - nice, friendly and very helpful. It is clear that this place is a labor of love for her and she is the magic ingredient that makes this place the hotel of choice for budget minded travelers in Santa Fe.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank nichpr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Silver Saddle a few years ago and was pleased to find it just as before---a very clean, attractively decorated retro motel (built in the 1950's, I think, but definitely established by the early 1960's). The same family has owned and run it for 30 years, which I am sure has a great deal to do with the consistency and the good maintenance. Since I travel with my wire-haired fox terrier, it is useful that there are exterior doors to the rooms. I don't remember what the pet fee was, but it was quite reasonable, I am sure. The front office staff took the time to really listen to my preferences for a nearby place to eat, and gave me several choices. I decided on the Plaza Cafe Southside (see my review of the restaurant on the restaurant listings). Although I am not much of a shopper, I always find something I can't resist in the Silver Saddle gift shop, which features locally-made items at good prices.
I will stay at the Silver Saddle whenever I am in Santa Fe, and would drive out of the way to stay there instead of a chain.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank utahtexan
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm actually reluctant to post this review, because I'd like to think of it as my own personal hidden gem, but I don't want to deprive others from the fun of staying at this incredible bargain. A remodeled old motel, the owners have applied a "character" to each room. We stayed in the Billy the Kid room. Photos and Billy the Kid memorabilia made for a pleasant stay. The room is basic--nothing fancy here. Just clean, comfortable and simple. There is a cold breakfast available in the front office, with good coffee. My wife and I found this to be a very enjoyable place to stay and will be back. Staff were very friendly, and you can spend an hour checking out the kitschy collectibles in the front office. Loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marksmallwood
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Price was perfect for our 6 day stay, and included a good breakfast with lots of options. Location is great! Loved the themed rooms! Front desk staff was very helpful recommending various places to eat and activities in the area. I would certainly stay here again; probably the best hotel experience I've had in a long time!

Room Tip: If you book through Silver Saddle's website you can choose a specific theme room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scleveland
Smithfield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Comfortable, clean, affordable, this hotel has a wonderful hostess, Dawn, who runs a tight ship and has a great flair for decorating with cowboy stuff, inside the rooms as well as all around the property. Dawn laid out a healthy breakfast and concerned herself with my special diet. I will definitely stay there every time I go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Mine had Mexican tiles in the shower.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Linnea L
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our stay at the Silver Saddle was fantastic. The help at the front desk was very kind and friendly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and each one of them is cleverly decorated with a cute Southwestern theme- we stayed in the cowgirl room- it was great! Breakfast was continental style and was a nice way to start the day. The room rates were exceptionally reasonable- other places in the vicinity were charging about the same (often more), but didn't offer the cleanliness and friendliness we experienced during our stay. The best bang for your buck without a doubt!

The Jackalope co-op next door is really nice to stroll through on a pretty day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AMH1990
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our stay at this motel was one of the highlights of our trip. The owners were so pleasant, friendly and helpful. The motel was conveniently located and the room was very nice and clean as was the bathroom. There was coffee, juice, cereal, fruit, HB eggs, toast, muffins and a delicious coffee cake for breakfast. You won't find a better priced place to stay. When we return to Santa Fe, we'll definitely stay at the Silver Saddle again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family