“Route 66 must stay!”

Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
London
“Route 66 must stay!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the stay here. Location is 10 min drive from old town but staff were good and informed us of free local parking. Best breakfast we had all holiday long and we stayed in lots of b&bs. Nice and clean, good rooms. Nice Route 66 feel

Stayed April 2014
4 Thank thomashayleyhowe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful particularly with good local restaurant recommendations. The rooms were clean, a good size and had free wifi. There was breakfast included and the motel was well located, about a ten minute drive from the main plaza.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tash28
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The lady screamed at me on the phone like bloody murder kicked my mom out of the hotel and treated my mom like dirt I'm appalled by this. Why would a staff member treat me like this and why did they kick my mother out and scream at me so loud I was scared for my moms safety. Don't trust this place. Wow.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 3lovechild
cowgirlup2, Owner at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Our intention is to always treat our guests with respect and kindness, but after 3 hours of trying to accommodate the impossible we finally asked the customer to please find another hotel. It took 3 hours, after check out time, of extreme patience to try to help this lady move to another room as her current room was reserved for the night. She refused to pay or move even though she looked several times at the other 2 pet friendly rooms available for the night . Several times she threatened to write a bad review on trip-advisor. The person that posted this review did not stay at the motel nor was she directly involved in this drama.
Michigan
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the charm and nostalgia. I knew I wouldn't get much for my $55 but I wanted the experience. It is a ways from town but I found it was worth it because I wanted a break from the chain hotels and motels. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was served each morning in the small lobby and had a homey feeling. My bed was super comfortable. I would stay here again just because it's different from most other places.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TravelCat6078
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This motel is quirky and sweet. Yes, old fashioned but that added to the charm. Staff was exceptional with kindness and knowledge of the area. Rooms were very clean and anything we needed we just had to ask. There was mini frig, microwave, and place to hang clothes. Continental breakfast was just right. While sitting eating my breakfast those checking out only had wonderful things to say and several said they would recommend or blog about their stay. Right on the main drag and great value considering the price of everything else in Santa Fe. Will be back and this is where I will stay again! Thanks Silver Saddle!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the larger shower since these rooms are older.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly M
new orleans, la
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many
Times & love it each time. Nice rooms for the $ in a very expensive town. Pet friendly too. I like spending my extra. $ on the great restaurants & shopping in SF. I also
Like parking by the door & so many newer hotels don't have that. Plus it's next door to the Jackalope!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This motel is quaint and yes, small; but the owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. They make you feel right at home. This is definitely 1950's cowboy style! We enjoyed our stay which was to be only 2 days and ended up staying a week, as the price was reasonable. It was an easy drive to Old Town and parking was not the best in some of those tourist sections. Would visit again.

Room Tip: In Germany, you can ask to see the room before agreeing to take it. If small accommodations bothers...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends