Motel 6 Santa Fe 646 Cerrillios Road
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Warren Inn(Santa Fe)
View Hotel
Courtyard Santa Fe(Santa Fe)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Unless a lodging is offering a unique experience, we look for cleanliness and safety, comfortable beds, and a well working shower for overnight lodging on our adventure trip. This Motel 6 provided all that, plus the friendliest, most helpful reception staff we have seen in 3 weeks of traveling. Beyond tourist info, they guided us to the local Discount Tire dealer for needed service.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the one queen bed to your choice of a king or two double beds for a quieter location away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AABlume
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I frequently stay at Motel 6 and have no complaints about them in general. They provide what I want, a room with a bed and a bathroom. This is by far the worst one I have ever stayed in.

The room was not carpeted (is this a function of being 'pet friendly', not something I asked for and have never before seen at a Motel 6). The floors were, therefore, cold. The heater/ac unit was extremely old, and blew out more cold air than warm, was not on a thermostat, was so noisy I had to shut it off in order to sleep. Reminded me of the 50's. Needless to say after sleeping all night without heat, the floors were like ice.

The bathroom had no tub, the shower stall was so tiny (I'm a 5'2", 140 lb woman) that if I stood far enough away from the shower head to shampoo my hair, my elbows banged against the shower walls.

The room appeared clean. However, the bedding left a lot to be desired. Even in a Motel 6 I expect crisp clean bedding. I cannot say it wasn't clean because the room was so dark and dreary I coulding see. But, they looked gray to me. And the texture of the sheets, rather than crisp was like a well worn flannel. And these were NOT flannel sheets. Bed was obviously old and well worn.

The door did not fit well into the jam, and leaked cold air into the room.

I found the night staff to be friendly. And, in an attempt to accommodate me (a semi elderly single woman, traveling alone), they (she) told me they had placed me in the back of the motel, but would change the room if I was uncomfortable being in the back. I'm not, so didn't opt for the change. What I WAS uncomfortable about was the fact that there was no one else in the back wing. It was 7:30 and dark. The parking lot was surrounded by over-the-head high bushes. And yes, I hate to admit, I would have asked for a change if I had known in advance there was no one around to hear me scream. (Ok, maybe a little levity here.) An hour or so later, more people came to that side so I quit worrying about anyone breaking down the ill fitting door, with the lightest weight hardware on it I have ever seen.

All in all, except for the night clerk who was friendly and courteous, this motel is NOT a good advertisement for Motel 6, which I usually find to be a perfectly fine, inexpensive, no frills motel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 13 August 2012

For $38/nite I did not expect much. The put me into a handicapped access room that had a big open bathroom with a handheld shower that fixed to the wall. The room was clean with a hard floor - I suppose for pet stays. The internet access was a separate charge, so I used my phone instead. The ice machine was great for filling my ice chest. I stayed two nights and everything was fine. When I asked for a second night the woman at the desk asked if I needed my room cleaned. She smiled when I said "no" and she gave me a complete set of fresh towels. There was a cigarette hole in one of my sheets, but it did not really make a big difference.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BenjaminB625
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Such a terrible experience I wont stay at any motel 6 ever again, Seedy looking people having room parties. Men circle the parking lot at night looking for women. . The stalking trucks were so blatantly aggressive I feared for my safety and called the police (report number 112460054). .
The hotel management was very rude and did Not care to do anything about problem. .
Don’t stay here if you care about your safety or well being. . .
September 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank HPYUNBDAY
Reviewed 24 October 2011

the property was cleaner than some other motel 6s that i've stayed at.
the room was a standard motel 6 size but there were some nice newer features: a full size tub rather than a small shower stall; king size bed; nice desk, desk chair and desk lamp; larger size tv; good lighting.
as usual, the walls were thin and you can hear the tv next door.
front desk personnel were all nice and friendly and helpful. but housekeeping was inconsistent about leaving towels and it took them 3 days to put a new bulb in the light fixture over the sink.
i'm sure their price was the lowest in santa fe, a real bargain for a clean place to sleep.
it's not near downtown but is near lots of strip mall restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo