“Best local fare”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I usually vacation in Sanata Fe twice a year, and The Shed is always on our list of places we must have either lunch or dinner. On this trip, it was our first stop. We absolutely relish in their marvelous cuisine. The blue corn enchiladas, which we both order without fail, are delicious. We also like to order them with "christmas", both red and green sauces. The sauces are spicy, and not for the faint of palate. The restaurant has a garden out back, where they grow their own chiles, and they are fantastic. Don't miss out on their margaritas either, as they offer a variety of top notch renditions. Not to be missed in Sanata Fe!

1  Thank KFM9275
There are newer reviews for The Shed

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My friends and I just returned from Santa fe. We had house margaritas at the shed one evening and were very disappointed. The bar and restaurant were packed...almost in a frenzy however. The bartender did not return my change to me, and instead said thank you...I guess he felt like he was entitled to the change as his tip. The house margs we compared to lime aide. Not impressed.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Mexican dishes are good, American are so-so. Service and hosts are mostly rude. Our waiter looks like he was just out from a state penitentiary. Bland guityar music was a pain to my ears.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We travel with our pet and needed an restaurant with outdoor seating that would allow us to have our little dog. The outdoor area was very clean and adjacent to numerous shops while we waited for our table. The enchiladas were the best I have had and the burger my daughter had was very good. I wish I had ordered a margarita that everyone else was enjoying! Prices were good and service was absolutely excellent. Live music was being played by a local artist while we were there. No bugs buzzing around us here! Nice atmosphere!

2  Thank islandqueen63
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I had our first dinner in town here on a Thursday night. We had no reservation and waited maybe 40 minutes for our table outside...no big deal. There are a couple of small shops adjacent to the inner courtyard to browse through while you wait. We could have sat immediately on the inside, but preferred to wait to sit out...always nice in Santa Fe.

I had the #4, a flat enchilada, with chicken added (this is a veggie choice otherwise). Some locals tell me that they add an egg up to a #4. Anyway, it was great because of the red sauce wow!!. Just the best red sauce period. Note that you can share or place 1/2 orders in many cases. I had a cup of the green chilie stew for an appetizer and it was good too...but not as great as the red sauce to me.

1  Thank MityC

Been to The Shed? Share your experiences!