“Surprisingly Good!”

Ranked #28 of 578 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I couldn't believe it when we got to the Tune Up Café. I had eaten here in 2006 when it had another name. We came for breakfast this time and were not disappointed. I had the breakfast burrito with green chilies. It was great!
They make everything fresh. So if you have someone with special food needs like we did they can be accommodated. The place fills up fast even though it is more in a neighborhood than in a business area. A real find with moderate prices.

1  Thank dtsbag

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We came here for breakfast after many recommendations. When we got there, there was quiet a large line to order , out the door! It moved fast and there was enough tables for everyone so we didn't wait long. I had the gluten free blue corn waffles, they ware amazing!! Coffee was ok. Service perfect

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Always crowded, always good. Great experienced wait staff. Fun to see a waiter carry six salads down one arm and something else in another. No one minds the tight seating. Locals and tourists visit this little restaurant that churns out every dish is a great dish. My husband on the recommendation of an eavesdropping diner chose the chile rellano. Unfortunately, it's fried, but so good that it was worth that little fact. Our daughter and I had the enchiladas. I had the sauce on the side because I wasn't sure if I could tolerate the heat. Our daughter who has grown accustomed to the food of the southwest just went for the red sauce; it's hotter. We split a salad because one must always eat his veggies. This looks like a local joint, but what's going on in the kitchen is all haute dining. It's just very relaxed and wonderful. You must try this restaurant at least once.

1  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice in a week and enjoyed everything. The mole sauce and the squash soup were highlights. Casual atmosphere with porch or indoor seating. Attentive waitstaff.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was just OK. Probably on the healthy side (local, organic, etc.), yet $38 is way too high for a burger w/ watermelon "juice" and salmon tacos.