“Amazing Experience”

Santa Fe School of Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: Come discover the rich culinary history of the "City Different” at the Santa Fe School of Cooking, the authority on Southwestern cuisine. The School offers a variety of authentic classes and events, including demonstration and hands on cooking classes, restaurant walking tours, and a regional market. Celebrating over 23 years in business!
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My company had our company meeting at Bishops Lodge and while we were here, we took part in this amazing experience. We were a group of around 50+ people. They divided us into 4 groups and each group had its own chef. We prepared our own Salsa, Mango salsa, Empanadas, Enchiladas & Tamales. Then we had a delightful meal of our preparing. Some food was prepared for us by the chefs, but we all went away with an amazing story to tell.

There are newer reviews for Santa Fe School of Cooking

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I went with friends for a class in cooking with green chilis. We learned a ton and really had a great time. It was so nice to have a hands-on class- and we left feeling very able to replicate the processes (we learned 4 recipes). The results were delicious. The chefs made us really comfortable and made it seem relaxed and fun.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My sister treated me to something I have never done and this was a delight, both food and entertainment wise along with learning new foods. The guest chef's were awesome and the staff of the school so nice and professional.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Michelle and Noe did a great job. Lots of fun and great tips. The kitchen is beautiful. Very easy for 10 or more to cook and mess up. Best part: we didn't have to clean up!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Attending a cooking class at the SFCS was truly the highlight of our recent visit to Santa Fe. Recipes from "A Painters Kitchen, Recipes from the Kitchen of Georgia O'Keefe" were expertly executed by Chef Jeremiah Schultz. The book's author, Margaret Wood, gave the introduction, relating her experiences as a companion to Ms. O'Keefe in her late years.

We were served a delicious lunch after the presentation. The new facility for the school is beautiful; the items offered for sale are all very tempting - I came home with a stunning black clay soup pot from Columbia.

My only regret is not insisting my husband join me in taking the class - he would have loved it, too. Thanks for a most memorable experience!