“GREAT WAY TO EXPERIENCE SANTA FE”

Santa Fe School of Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: Come discover the rich culinary history of the "City Different” at the Santa Fe School of Cooking, the authority on Southwestern cuisine. The School offers a variety of authentic classes and events, including demonstration and hands on cooking classes, restaurant walking tours, and a regional market. Celebrating over 23 years in business!
Reviewed 17 September 2017

A group of us were visiting Santa Fe and wanted to try something "different" - being great eaters we decided that a cooking class would be fun. Well fun it was but soooo informative!!! Who knew there were so many "chili's" !!!! Chef Deene was fabulous (think Ellen funny !!!!) and has so much experience (she has cooked everywhere !!) Not only was the class informative but we got to eat what she had cooked/demonstrated, I will be making the Carne Adovada at home for sure !!!! AND we got to eat the best Sopaipillas for dessert !!!! Want a way to experience local - give this a try !!!

All reviews
in 91 reviews
"noe"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We walked to 4 restaurants and started out the tour at the cooking school. We were served Duck Tamales and mixed slaw. It was delicious.Our second Restaurant Stop was at The Dinner for Two. Here we ate Steak strips with a blue cheese/Gorgonzola and Worcestershire sauce and Crab cakes with aioli sauce and a Peaches with Brandy and ice cream dessert.The Gruet Santa Fe Tasting Room in the Hotel St Francis was our Third stop. We were given four wine tastings with cheese , crackers ,dried fruit and honey toppings. Our 4 th stop was the Anasazi Restaurant inside the Rosewood Inn . We ate Ravioli in a tomato sauce. Our final stop was the IL PIATTO restaurant where three dishes were devoured
1.A prosciutto with mixed tomatoes served on melon
2.Bruschetta
3.Vegetable lasagna
All the restaurants served different dishes and all were a feast for the eye and for the taste buds
I recommend this Tour to not only foodies but anyone who wants to see what kinds of foods are served in Santa Fe

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My first choice of classes at the Santa Fe School of Cooking is always the walking restaurant tour, but, none were available during my last visit. So, I signed up for my first demo class on Southwest Cooking. The instructor was excellent. The atmosphere was relaxed, fun, yet professional She shared lots of information on buying, storing, and preparing spices used in the recipes.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took the two hour green chili class. It was great. The instructor, Michele, was informative and entertaining. She and the kitchen manager roamed around the room helping people and offering encouragement. The food we prepared tasted good. This is only the second cooking class I have ever taken. I would recommend it highly.