“No Cellphones, No Guns; my kind of place”
Review of Restaurant Martin

Restaurant Martin
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Martin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$25 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Transit: The Railrunner from Albuquerque stops a few short blocks from our front door and Santa Fe's public bus system runs right past our restaurant.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a restaurant well worth a Michelin star or 16/20 Gault Millau rating. The yellowfin tuna sashimi entree (starter in local language) was worth the visit. All plates we had were well matched for taste and presentation, very flavorful and beautifully laid out. Don't forget to leave your guns and cell phones at home!

2  Thank Eric K

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was my third visit to Restaurant Martin and each time has been a delight to the senses. The atmosphere is modern, yet cozy, with very good lighting (I don't think I had to use my cheaters) that is also warm and romantic. Our server, Graciela, suggested wonderful wines, appetizers, entrees, and desserts. I highly recommend following her suggestions. The sushi appetizer had flavors beyond description. I know! Who would think you could change up sushi? The entrees too were wonderfully presented, fresh, and delicious. If I had to choose a highlight it would be a toss up between the sushi and the chocolate caramel dessert. The dessert was the simply too good to share but when my date (okay, my husband) began making oinking noises I passed it around.

3  Thank WoodrowsMom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Dinner at Restaurant Martin is so much more than a meal. Four of us went there to celebrate an anniversary. And for all four, it was an unforgettable experience. It's obvious that a tremendous amount of creative thought and experiment has gone into finding exquisite taste combinations -- brilliant new pairings that surprise you bite after bite. Everything is beautifully presented. (The service was perfect.) This is not a place where you wolf down your food and leave feeling stuffed. This is a place where you savour every bite and depart feeling as if you've not only been fed, you've been delightfully entertained.

Surroundings are simple and while it was busy, it never felt crowded or noisy. The wait staff was exceptional. Perfect.

2  Thank Lorna R
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Flavorful and creative food from the kitchen, well-served by front of house. We'll definitely come back and will recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to listen. This is attractive and tasty food that would stand out in NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. Restaurant Martin is at the top of our list for Santa Fe and just been added to our list as one of the best meals ever. Don't miss it! Compliments to Chef Rios and his staff.

4  Thank tmiboise
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Restaurant Martin came at the recommendation of a local chocolate shop owner, and his recommendation did not disappoint! We arrived a little on the early side (before 6) and the place was pretty quiet, which was a little surprising. That being said, it filled up very quickly as the evening wore on, which is not surprising based upon the food and service. Our waiter was very attentive and gave good suggestions as between different dishes. The butternut squash bisque was a wonderful mix of flavors and textures and the diver scallops were prepared perfectly. My favorite part: the mini spatula for dessert. We ordered small apple tarts, which came with various accompaniments. The dessert arrived with these tiny spatulas, which I was initially a little uncomfortable using to get at the remainder of the tart on the plate. I tell you, though, I used it once and then couldn't stop - whether that is because the dessert was so delicious I needed every ounce, or because the little spatula was so much fun, or both, I couldn't say. I can only say I loved the experience, the food was really well done and presented in perfect portions, and I will definitely return. A final quick note: we took a hotel shuttle over and so had no problem with parking, but the parking did appear to be at a premium.

2  Thank Brenna F